Final Chapter

I stared at the close door, with my vision blurred with tears. My wails echoed in the silent hall. I cried loud and hard that I'm sure it could pentrate the thick walls snd everyone could hear me.

My heart was ripping into half over and over inside my chest. Within a flash, pain became my company.

I couldn't look at the closed door anymore. Looking at it feels like I'm being slapped with the fact that Silas is shutting me out. It hurts too much.

I am not new to the pain, but it doesn't make it hurt any less. With Silas, everything is too much—and unfortunately, that includes hurting, too.

I feel drained. Like the life in me was taken away. It took me a lot of power just to turn my back on the door. I lifted my hand and wiped the warm liquid from my cheek. It was useless because it was immediately replaced with new set of tears.

My heart seemed like an anchor, preventing me from moving an inch. And when I did finally manage to take a step, a large hand gripped on my arm.

A gasp escaped from me when I was pulled back. My teary eyes bulged into big circle as I was turned around.

I briefly saw Silas' forlorn face before my view was blocked and all I could see was black. I found myself being embraced by him tightly, his arm circled around my waist. The other locked my back, blocking any chance of escape.

"Fuck... I can't." he groused. His voice was dripping with agony. He leaned closer, swallowing my frame. His arms on me tightened, a sign that he refuses to let go. "I'm sorry. I'm sorry, my baby. I'm sorry."

My lips quivered. Whimpers started flowing out of me again. I slowly raised my hands and gripped on the side of his shirt. I wanted to hug him back but my arms felt limp.

"I didn't cheat." I quivered, my voice muffled on his chest.

"I believe you." he gruffly said. His hold on me got tighter. I couldn't breathe but I didn't complain. "And... And even if you did, it wouldn't matter to me."

"Silas." I gasped, surprised with his sudden admission.

He slowly released me, as if he lost all of his power from that hug—his arms remained around me, locking me close to him. His hand cupped my face. His eyes were sad as it scanned my face. His thumb gently stroked my cheek.

"Do you know what's the first thing that came into my mind when I saw the photo?" he whispered, like he's terrified of saying the words out too loud.

Hurt. I know he'd hurt. If I saw him happy being kissed by someone else, I'm done for. I bit my lip and shook my head.

"How I'd forgive you even when you haven't apologized. How even if I was beyond hurt—I'd still... take... you back."

A twinge occupied my chest. My eyes warmed. Silas loves me that much. That he'd close his eyes and still take me even after that.

His thumb reached my lips, padding it as gentle as possible. I inhaled sharply. His eyes returned to mine.

"I didn't stay away because I thought you cheated. I stayed away because I got scared. It terrified me that my immediate response was to make excuses for you... that I'd still accept you even if you did. It's wrong and I've never wanted to be wrong before as strongly as I do now."