Kai suddenly sits in Locks lap, startling him. Kai whispers something in his ear that makes Lock smirk at me.

Lock

I feel something on my lap and jolt up... just to see my son telling me to come closer.

"We should cover mommy in whipped cream" he whispers in my ear and chuckles. I look at Butterfly with a smirk. She's gonna be pissed at us if we do, which I don't mind getting in trouble, but I wanna save my son from a timeout on his own birthday for having a little fun.

"Mommy's never delightful in the mornings, we should probably wait until later when she's more... joyful" I look at him and he nods. He sits back on his chair and continues eating his ice cream.

"What's up your boys sleeves?" Butterfly crosses her arms across her chest. I shrug then here running coming down the stairs. The guys walk in and their faces light up so bright once they see us.

"Ice cream for breakfast?!" they shout excitedly in union then run into the kitchen to make their own bowl.

"Well I'm gonna get ready then we can go somewhere buddy" I ruffle Kai's messy hair which he gets from Butterfly. "Don't get into trouble" I point at all the boys, even Kai. They all nod and I squint my eyes saying I'm watching you

"Yea let us all get ready, you should even get ready too little one" Butterfly stands up and kisses Kai's head before following me up the stairs and into our room. We take a shower, get dressed, brush our teeth, and Butterfly does her hair.

"I already got Kai the biggest thing he wanted" I put on my shirt and she looks at me as she brushes her hair.

"And what's that?" she walks to me and smiles then wraps her arms around my neck. I put my hands on her waist and smirk, she knows what Kai always wanted, she just never approved at such a young age. "No you did not Lock" she pulls away from me.

"It's something he wants to do! For four years, isn't he old enough?" I tilt my head and raise my eyebrows. She gives me a are you serious look that could kill.

"Absolutely not Lock! You didn't even help us clean his room last night like I asked you too, let alone bring all this boxing equipment in. He's too young, yes I understand it's something he wants to do, but you need to learn what's best for our child" she says sternly and I fill with anger.

"Did you seriously just tell me I don't know what's best for my son?!" I stand tall "The hell I don't! So all the protection he's under isn't the best for him? I fucking dare you to tell me I don't know what's best for him because you and I both fucking know I'd do anything for the kid!" I growl.

"That's not what I meant! I'm just saying you never listen to me-" I cut her off.

"I never listen to you" I laugh out my nose and looks around while biting my tongue. Bloody hell I hate fighting with her, but when she puts the blame on me I can't help but argue back. "You're right. I don't listen to you. Sometimes I fucking wish you'd leave me alone and let me do my thing" I growl.

"Oh really? Well I'll pack my bags and leave, I'll even take my son with me. Don't you try me Lock Archer, you just being his father puts him in danger and now you wanna make him do a violent sport" she threats and my blood boils.

"The hell you're taking my son with you! You know you shouldn't even involve him in this, this is just you and me talking now, don't you fucking dare threaten to take my son with you" I scowl.