Except she never had a chance, because Sans asked, "What's that?"

With her muscles tensing again, Talia held tighter, the letter crumbling a bit as she replied, "None of your business! It's for Frisk!"

"From who?" Sans asked, his curiosity beginning to stir.

He never got curious.

What about this letter made it flare up?

Talia hesitated, and clung tighter to the letter as she replied, "From... uh... me..."

Sans stared at her for a long while, and before he could question anymore, the doors opened and she took off down the hall to Frisk's room.

Once the doors were shut again, Sans shoot his head and decided to forget about the whole thing and head to the meeting.

Except he couldn't stop thinking about what that letter could be saying...

Probably wasn't important.

                                 ♤

Everyone stared at Sans around the large table, the silence waiting for him to speak.

It took a while for everyone to gather, and by the time they did, Sans had relaxed himself from before, realizing that there was nothing he needed to worry about.

It wasn't his problem anyway.

"Well?" Undyne stated, starting to get impatient.

Sans picked at his teeth nonchalantly as he answered, "She doesn't know who the traitor is."

Everyone exploded with a rumpus of anger, all speaking at once so no one could understand.

Sans, already expecting this reaction, hardly reacted at all, and continued picking at his teeth in case there was any left over ketchup.

"This is terrible!" Mettaton shouted, striking a faint pose.

Alphys trembled and glanced nervously at everybody as if wanting them to calm down.

Toriel tried to do as Alphys wished, and she repeated, "Settle down, settle down!"

Undyne clenched her fists and looked away with anger, her mouth shut (surprisingly).

Chara was sitting as if everything was normal, her arms crossed and her back laying against the chair; Asriel sitting beside her with wide eyes and a bewildered expression.

Gaster simply groaned and held his head as he sat back and mumbled in stiff irritation, "Unbelievable."

Papyrus once again looked confused. He was puzzled on why everyone was so upset about the whole thing.

Asgore shouted above everyone else, "That can't be true Sans, I thought she knew everyone in Cortex."

"Well, she does," Sans clarified, the rumpus dying down, yet the vexed energy still hanging in the air, "But she hasn't seen everyone in The Underground. Besides, even if she did see everyone, it could be a new member of Cortex. If the King of Cortex knew Frisk was going to be caught by us someday, he would send someone she didn't know."

Asgore rubbed his face with one hand, letting out a long sigh as he said, "Alright. When you are giving her files to work on, give her some of The Underground files as well. See if she recognizes anyone."

"With all do respect darling~" Mettaton cooed, "Wouldn't that be a risk of giving her our information?"

"Yes," Asgore replied, "But she already knows a lot about us, and we have her captive. There is nothing for us to worry about."