chapter 04 | jamjam

___

youngjae stood, his position petrified to the studio floor as his lips drew apart in disbelief.

"thank you so much—" he half-whispered, his voice caught up in a chaos of overwhelming emotions. and as words couldn't express his gratitude, youngjae merely bowed, a box smile overtaking his lips as he realised that this was real.

with that, jyp stood up, his colleagues nodded in his direction and gathered themselves to leave. the two women smiled at youngjae as they left, their mouths whispering 'hwaiting!'

"yugyeom-ah," jyp called out to the tall boy, "thank you for your assistance today. i need to speak to youngjae alone for now but you can go back to your lunch. i will see the six of you later on this evening."

yugyeom smiled and proceeded to withdraw out of the room, making sure to turn off the camera and taking his bag before he did so.

"now as for you, youngjae-ah," he looked at the young boy, "i will need to meet your guardian and discuss some matters, most preferably today. do you think that's possible?"

youngjae looked down for a moment, trying to remember the time his mom would finish her shift at the bakery-store. but knowing that she wouldn't pick up if she was working, he decided to ask someone else. "can i call my brother? he must know for definite."

jyp nodded his head.

quickly, youngjae reached for his phone from his backpack, swiping it open through his big bang lock screen and dialling the number simply entitled as 'hyung'.

"—HOW DID IT GO?" a loud voice erupted on the opposite side, youngjae pulled the phone away from his ear while jyp managed a light-hearted laugh.

"hyung, please, tone yourself down, would you?" youngjae face-palmed, "i don't have much time to talk but yes, i guess i actually got in—"

"—OH MY GOD, THAT'S MY LITTLE BROTHER, CONGRATULATIONS!—"

"hyung!" the younger boy couldn't maintain his laughter, "okay listen, i know dad's away until tomorrow, but when is mom done work?"

"—oh, she must have finished like half an hour ago? why? do you need a guardian to come?"

"yeah, could you tell her to come here? it's like—important," youngjae sighed tiredly.

"—okay i'll arrange that for you now. well done little brother, i'll tell her to call you when she's there."

"thanks hyung, for everything."

"—you owe me an autograph from im jaebum!" and then he ended the call.

with that, youngjae turned to face jyp who was looking through his own phone. "um, excuse me—" he turned his attention to the boy. "i was able to contact my brother who said my mom is able to make it here, like soon?" he doubted his timing, "no longer than an hour," he assured the older man nervously.

"that's great," he smiled a thin smile of his, "how about you wait in the building then and greet your mother at the entrance once she arrives, then you both could make your way to my office. as of now, i have some things to check," he apologised.

"that's alright with me, thank you so much for everything—" youngjae tugged the zipper on his bag unconsciously. "just, um, where am i allowed to go or—?" he asked timidly.

glancing at the time, jyp suggested, "well let's go get you a pass first of all, and let's see. lunch is over in forty minutes, maybe you'd like to familiarise yourself with the layout of the building or visit the cafeteria?"

"i really appreciate your proposition," youngjae wouldn't drop formalities.

and so with that, he followed jyp back to the entrance of the building where the woman he'd met earlier was typing something on the computer pad. upon seeing both their arrivals, she exchanged some words with jyp, and then shuffled around her workplace. in a minute or two, she was able to produce a small id-formed card for youngjae.

the card, or a pass, as it was referred to earlier; simply contained his name and other basic details, today's date and his picture - a photo that he recognised. it was the one he sent in along with his online audition application from almost two months aback.

"now that's done, i'll see you later on, i must go now," jyp left shortly with a waving gesture.

unable to see the figure in his sight, youngjae let out a long breath, his bones melting as his head pounded with ache. he made it. he got in. he—

his moment of peace didn't last long.

"oh, youngjae-ssi!" a voice called from behind.

"—yugyeom-ssi?" he turned around, and soon enough, the boy from earlier on stood before him.

along with an other boy by his side.

___
i'm getting there

written: august 1, 2017
publised: august 18, 2017

니카 ✿