Don't Drop Lunch Trays Beside Me!

Above is a picture of Jayden Bartels who is playing the role of Jayden Johnson in the story. ^^

Leave a comment here if you think I should keep adding photos of the characters in the upcoming chapters.

----------------------------------------------

I finally made it home after my long, stressful detention. I also ended up coming home with 2 more detention slips. Ugh.

As soon as I got home, I ran to my bedroom, blasted 5sos, and texted Callie since I didn't get a chance to earlier. I figured she would still be mad at me, but it was worth a shot.

Jayden: hey Callie, guess what?!

Callie: Jayden, why are you even talking to me?

Yup, I can tell Callie is still mad at me.

Jayden: oh idk, I thought you might like to know I met a cute boy today :)

Callie: OMG REALLY?! What's his name? What does he look like?

Jayden: chillax Callie, I was just kidding.

Jayden: but I thought u might like to know I got a detention today

Callie: omg really! What for?

I decided to call Callie instead, because I thought it would be much easier than texting. I told her everything from the possible reasons I got a detention, to me and Martha getting in a "fight" and Mrs. Max cracking my phone screen.

Callie was probably more ticked off about that last part than I was. She said it was abuse, child and phone, harsh, and just unbelievable in general. She also said that Mrs. Max should no longer be allowed to give you detentions, and that she should have to pay for a new phone.

I admit, that may have been taking it too far, but of that actually happens, I wouldn't complain.

We continued talking for a few minutes, which seemed more like a few hours. I can thankfully tell that Callie is no longer mad at me for whatever reason.

Since I had 5sos blasting, Callie could hear it, and we got into a little "playful argument" about which of their songs is the best. And eventually this made Callie mention the upcoming talent show.

"So are you planning on entering?" Callie asks through the phone.

I shake my head, then realize she wouldn't see that. "No," I say.

"Aw, why not? You'd do wonderful if you enter with your dancing, Jayden!" Callie screams, nearly exploding my eardrum, even though we're currently a few miles apart. Hey, Mrs. Max didn't end up exploding my eardrum but it's still delicate. I wouldn't be surprised if it explodes sometimes soon. But hopefully not all over my freshly cracked phone screen!

I sigh. "That's exactly what my mom said too! But aren't the talent shows here, like a total DISASTER?" I question.

"Yeah, they sometimes are I guess, but that's no excuse Jayden. You should enter," Callie directs. I can tell she has her hand on her hip, and is in a very demanding mood right now. But I don't care.

I try to slightly change the topic. "Are you entering?" I ask her.

"I really, really, want to. I want the chance to show off my singing!" She explains. I cringe. Callie loves singing, but unfortunately she's terrible at it. She sounds like a dying elephant who just got bit by a pig. Or maybe worse. Probably more like a screaming and suffocating cow with asthma. But if it makes her happy...