-18-

Mackenzie's POV

I smile as I read the heading on today's paper.

"Black Magic takes the stage as the most popular band in the United States."

My eyes trail down to the article written about us.

"The group of friends, all in their early twenties, blow up across the globe. They're all the media is talking about. Black Magic has five songs in the top twenty, one of them being first on the list. Their progress is being made so fast, it's off the charts."

"Whatcha reading?" James' voice makes me jump.

"This section in the newspaper about us. I can't believe how popular we are now!" I say and smile at him. We're all hanging out at the first place we played in, Mia's Coffee Shop on first street. We come here to just hang out a lot, since it's a kind of sentimental place, though we also play here occasionally.

"Yeah me neither." James says. I can't help but notice that his cheeks are stained red and his hair is sticking to his forehead. Honestly, he looks cute, but I frown in concern.

"You look hot." I immediately regret wording it like that. I feel a blush creep up my neck, onto my cheeks and to the tips of my ears. "That's not what I meant! I mean like temperature hot! Like you have a fever or something!" I say quickly. "But I mean... I do find you pretty cu-" I start fake coughing. "Uh... What?" I smile sheepishly and laugh nervously.

James laughs. "It is pretty hot in here though. I think it's cooler outside, so I'm heading that way, if you wanna come."

"Sure!" I say and follow him outside, setting the newspaper down. James was right, it isn't as hot out here. It's getting dark and I see that the sun is getting close to setting. "James! Look! The sun's about to set. I love the sunset. Something about it is just so magical." I take his hand without thinking and pull him down by the pond next to the coffee shop to see the sun better. I watch it set in awe. The way the colors all blend together and fade away is so mesmerizing. I turn to James. "Isn't it beautiful?" I ask.

"Yeah." He breathes, looking at me carefully.

I laugh a little. "What?"

He looks away quickly. "Nothing." I just smile and keep watching the horizon. Once the sun fully goes down, I turn to James again.

"Sunsets are probably my favorite thing in the world." I say. James looks at me and smiles. "They're so beautiful."

"Just like you." James says. My cheeks heat up as he brings a hand to my face, and I open my mouth to say something, but am stopped by his lips on mine. My eyes widen but then close as I take in the softness of his lips. I let go of his hand, which I didn't realize I was still holding, and drape my arms around his neck. Then, I hear a catcall and am pulled back into reality. We pull away and I smile a bit. I feel my cheeks get warmer when I see Ryan, Cole, Caden, and Evan all gathered at the doors to the cafe, watching us.

"Really, Caden? They were having a moment." Cole says.

Caden drops his hand out of Evans and holds both hands up in defense. "Sorry! I couldn't help it."

I drop my arms and walk up to them. "How much of that did you guys see?" I ask.

"All of it." Caden says at the same time Ryan says, "Only a little." She rolls her eyes. "Ok, ok, all of it." I sigh.

Later, we discuss the idea of going on a world tour. (Thank you, Fantasy4evs for the idea!) We debate for a while, and then finally decide that we will do it, and look into how we're gonna do it. We decide and we start calling people and stuff. We start preparing and soon, we're on our way.

•••••

Hey guys! Sorry for the short chapter, but I needed to update. Also, I have no idea what a world tour is like for the band, so if anyone knows, please let me know. It would help a lot, of else I'll just be writing random stuff that's probably not right. If you're reading this and you like it, make sure to hit the little star at the bottom of your screen! (Please and thank you) Also, please leave a comments on what you think of the story and any other comments you have throughout the chapter! Love you little piggies! K BYEEEEEE (Backs into the shady corner I always back away into with a creepy smile)