24. Immense Darkness

Începe de la început

"Does anyone else think that sounds a lot like a deal with the devil?" Stiles questioned, looking around the room for seconds to his motion.

Isaac then glanced over to us with a confused expression on his face, "Why does it matter, anyway?"

"Because I still don't think that we can beat Jennifer without their help." Scott spoke as I sighed softly. From my prospective, I think that Deucalion alone would rip Jennifer to shreds. But with Scott and I on his side, she wouldn't stand a chance at all. I don't see her having anymore moves left, but knowing that it's Jennifer, she surely has something up her sleeve.

"They trusts you more than anyone. Tell them that they're wrong with this." Allison pitched in, referring her words over to my Uncle as I looked over to him.

"I'm not so sure they are." Uncle Alan spoke, going against the opposing forces. I looked down at my fingers, smiling softly. I'm extremely grateful for the amount of wisdom that is in my household, it rubs off on me and it definitely leaves an imprint. "Circumstances like this sometimes require that you align yourself with people you'd normally consider enemies." He further stated, explaining his reasons.

"So we're gonna trust him," Isaac started pursing his lips as he stares up to my uncle. "the guy that calls himself death, destroyer of worlds? We're gonna trust that guy?" He sassily questioned as I sent a glance over to him.

"I wouldn't trust him, no, But you could use him to your advantage." Uncle Alan pointed out, his eyes diverting over to Scott and I. "Deucalion may be the enemy, but he could also be the bait."

As everyone glanced around the room in deep thought, the little bell that ring off whenever someone entered the clinic made a noise, causing everyone's head to snap that way. Uncle Alan and Scott shared a quick glance as they moved to the front.

"I'm looking for Carson, and Lydia." I heard someone's voice call my name as I slid off the table top, moving to the front. Ethan's face then came into view as both Lydia and I looked at him questioningly.

"What do you want?" Lydia questioned as his eyes connected with ours.

"I need help from the two of you." Ethan spoke as I felt Scott's fingers lace with mind, protectively standing in the front of me.

"With what?" Stiles questioned, popping out beside me, his eyes focusing on Ethan intensely.

"Stopping my brother and Kali..from killing Derek." He spoke as my eyes widened, my head whipped back to my uncle and Scott as I shook my head furiously.

"No, no I have to go! They're both going after him?" I asked, my voice cracking. After Ethan nodded, I brought my two hands up to my head, pacing around the room. No, they can't kill Derek. I'm just starting a new relationship with him, they can't take him away from me!

"Carson, you're drained on magic! You can't go there." Scott spoke as he pulled me back by my forearms. I stared at him angrily as I clenched my jaw, staring at him intensely. I watched as he frown, obviously sensing the anger that was building up on the inside of me.

"Scott. After living 17 years isolated from society for my safety and with no family other than my mother, this is my chance to actually connect with siblings that I didn't even know of." I spoke, feeling my heart pound against my rib cage. "If I could do something to help save him, I'm going to do it. Please, don't stop me from trying to hold onto that little spark of hope for a happy future with my actual family." I pleaded, feeling a tear track down my cheek.

I knew that Scott was battling against his own thoughts after I voiced my emotions. I never realized how happy I was to be with a family and actual siblings until their lives were placed into danger. "Be safe." Scott softly said, pressing a lasting kiss to my forehead. I knew that he didn't want me to go, but he knew how important this was to me. Scott knew how much I cared about this.