day 49

day 49
06:45

seokjin was in a mood no short of marvelous. the day was crystal clear skies accompanied by soft breezes, stringing through the trees melodically. his usual pathway to work seemed to be strewn by rose scented laughter and easy going smiles.

the rosebush lined sidewalk was freshly paved, emitting for a smooth bike ride. the neighbors he passed almost every day, yugyeom and jinyoung were both peacefully conversing rather than threatening one another with a gardening tool.

he reached the quaint bakery in what seemed like minutes, but his mood never strayed. locking up his bicycle, he strode into the building with an aura of light. a few employees greeted him with smiles and bows, and at the back, jaejoon could be heard clattering utensils.

seokjin tied his apron around his back and walked into the kitchen to wash his hands before putting his gloves on. "good morning," jaejoon cheerily greeted, his apron already having patches of dry flour stains on it.

"oh, here," seokjin said, after noticing jaejoon's struggle with squeezing out the icing onto the mini-cupcakes, "let me help you." he took jaejoon's position and iced the rest of the pastries with ease. the younger was to get the deserts out into the display rack before the shop opened in a few minutes and was worried he couldn't be able to.

he'd hurt his wrist the other day, but had said nothing; his long sleeve top covering the brace he wore. so, he was thankful seokjin had taken over. letting him do that, jaejoon began to take the finished treats where they belonged.

seokjin was humming to himself when an employee tentatively stepped into the kitchen. "seokjin," she hesitantly called out. he looked up from his task and offered her a smile, clouded by the bliss he was in. "i was hoping that you could maybe cover my shift. i have an emergency at home with my younger sister and—"

"no need to worry your pretty little head," if possible, he smiled even wider, "i'll cover your shift. don't worry." he watched as relief flooded her expression and her tense muscles relax. "thank you so, so much! i'll cover you any time you need." she promised, side stepping when jaejoon appeared from behind her to retrieve the last of the cupcakes. she walked out hastily afterwards, the bell ringing at the front door an indication that she had left.

"what's up with you today?" jaejoon questioned, leaning back against the counter to observe jin. when the older made an expression, clearly not understand what was being asked, jaejoon heaved a heavy sigh. "you're being so philanthropic. what's next, are you going to donate your big money bucks to a charity?"

"i'm already involved with two." seokjin answered, still somewhat clueless. he couldn't understand why he wasn't allowed to do some nice things without it being suspicious.

"something must've happened on your date with namjoon last weekend," a knowing look crossed jaejoon's face. "we are not talking about my sex life." seokjin turned, feeling the tips of his ears warm with a telling blush.

"your knees are saying everything you aren't," jaejoon practically cackled, "you should at least cover them with makeup if you're going to wear shorts."

jin gave a startled gasp and nearly bent forward in a ninety degree angle to get a look at his knees. "you demon!" he gave a menacing look at jaejoon who was tearing up at how hard he was laughing.

seokjin's knees, in fact, were not bruised like he'd been accused of. and while his knees weren't pink and fading red, his cheeks were. "that's definitely confirmation that you two are freaks." jaejoon straightened up, a pained expression from his sore stomach.

"i'm banning you from my life." jin declared, stomping out of the kitchen and taking his place behind the register.

seokjin couldn't help but continuously glance at the clock that hung on the wall to his right, above the drink recommendations. at first, he was just waiting for when his lunch break would come, but then he began criticizing the artistic design of the clock itself.

it was a rustic themed device; iron hands and wooden slashes replacing the numbers. he thought, while it wasn't a clean and chic minimalist design the bakery had taken on, it added character.

the bell above the door dinged in unison with the minute hand of the clock shifting. seokjin's world seemed to run at a rate much slower than he'd have liked at the moment, wishing he could throw his spirit down and get himself a stew.

"i'm telling you namjoon," hoseok's voice rang clear in jin's head, "i have never confidentially used a semicolon in my entire life."

seokjin tore his gaze away from the clock and was gifted with the sight of his boyfriend walking alongside hoseok, who had a day off. giddiness coursed a river of molten gold through jin's veins, always enchanted by the lovely sight of his boyfriend. 

"hi," namjoon stepped up to the counter, shyly greeting jin. though they had spent the weekend together, as well as a lot of time before that, he couldn't help the bubbly feeling that coiled around his throat every time he spoke to the older—still dazed at the fact they were dating.

"how are ya'?" jin spoke, equally as awed as namjoon.

"you guys both have hearts in your eyes," hoseok cooed, looking between the two males with adoration. "it's disgusting." jaejoon commented, seeming to appear from thin air behind seokjin. he slid a tray of tiramisu cake into the display glass under the counter.

while hoseok spluttered out a barely intelligible comment, his face flushed in surprise and embarrassment, taehyung came up to the group. he had a dirty rag sticking from the pocket of his apron, tossing a spray bottle between his hands. "that's homophobic." the younger said in response to jaejoon's statement.

"that's stupid," jaejoon stood back up and threw taehyung a nasty glare. "why would i be afraid of homes."

while that conversation, what actually happening, seokjin and namjoon were in their own world. "you get your break in a few minutes, right?" the younger asked, watching as jin's eyes flicked over to the clock once again, "in twenty exactly."

"great," namjoon perked, "then i'l have two large slices of strawberry shortcake and two tall iced coffees with caramel drizzle on one." he had ordered for the both of them, forgetting he actually came with hoseok.

no longer did jin had a craving for stew and rice, but rather to sit down in a booth and eat cake with his boyfriend.

_________
shit y'all??? she updated fr??? wooooow

BUT!!!! if u love me, can you read HTGAWM by @jooyoungs and also wish her a safe holiday?? <<<3 she also has cute one shots in her book 'mochi' and they're quality reads (as expected)!

ok ily! not proof read either (as expected)

also. did you guys peep the spongebob quote??? "hi. how are ya?"