day 3

day 3
10:10

namjoon was in the bakery, once again, for the third day in a row. the fact was anything jin found himself complaining about, though. in all reality, he had begged the heavens the night before that namjoon would walk through the doors of his job.

god had delivered.

the purple haired male had a bandana shoving his slight fringe away from his face. jin desperately tried not to stare so obviously at the customer who rattled off his order.

"yoongi hyung will be joining me again today, so could you please add a slice of coffee cake to my strawberry shortcake order?" namjoon's voice was smooth and controlled.

jin couldn't stop the word vomit that began to spew from his mouth, "that short boy is your hyung?" and in embarrassment, he clamped his lips against each other tightly.

"yes, hyung, that short boy is indeed my hyung." seokjin only then realized that namjoon was younger than he was.

in the bakery, the employees never used formality nor honorifics with one another. they were all equals here just looking for some money to pay their bills and then some.

"you-you don't have to call me hyung, sir," jin looked down at his hand that was nervously picking at the chipped wood of the counter. "jin is fine." he offered a small smile before excusing himself to grab a coffee cake from the kitchen.

once out of namjoon's sight, jin flung his back against the door and dramatically held his palm to his racing heart. he had no idea why it began to beat so sporadically, and he willed himself to calm down with his eyes shut tight.

jaejoon hadn't paid him any mind as he began to arrange a platter with pretty pastries perfectly assorted on the glass. hoseok was also in this kitchen, but was sat atop a counter swaying his legs back and forth.

he'd previously been chatting to the chef before jimin's sudden arrival. hoseok was on his shift, but being that the other employees actually decided to show up today, he planned to let them do most of the work.

"i take it your state of being means that purple haired daddy is here again?" hoseok guessed correctly when jin scowled at him. he swiped a discarded towel at the younger boy, whipping the clutch against his arm.

"is the cute small boy with him?" hoseok questioned, completely brushing over the stinging in his arm. "yoongi? apparently he's coming by a little later." seokjin answered before asking jaejoon if there was any fresh coffee cake.

as the chef went to get the batch he made earlier this morning, hoseok continued talking, "so i guess this means they're both staying a while, huh?" jin shrugged in response.

he felt so stricken by the younger customer and couldn't place exactly why his stomach swarmed with anticipation and giddiness while his heart simultaneously beat on the brink of implosion.

jaejoon quickly returned before hoseok could say anything else. the cake was drizzled in an icing that jin found smelled particularly nice. oftentimes, it was difficult for him to be surrounded by such delectable looking foods and not indulge in it all. he was quite the foodie and was unabashedly proud of it—he even had a segment he'd show on streaming apps where he'd eat in front of the camera.

at first he found it weird that his viewers enjoyed it so much, but he just deemed it as them being avid food appreciators.