day 37 pt. 3

day 37 pt. 3
22:17

hand in hand seokjin and namjoon strolled down the paved pathway. dull lights embedded at the perimeter of the cobblestone lit the sidewalk like a runway. the late night air was singed in the smell of life around them; the warmth of a croissant bakery, the faint bud of a stomped out cigarette, the floral shop, and petroleum from the passing cars.

couples littered the streets, occasionally pointing upwards with large smiles at the cherry blossom trees arching above them.

having stopped to rest their legs for a moment, sitting on a stiff wooden bench, seokjin was struck with realization.

he was in love with the man beside him.

namjoon and the different smiles he wore. the smile he'd close his eyes at and shield his mouth behind his hands from whenever he was praised or compliment. the smile of embarrassment he'd give containing a grimace when jin would say something cheesy or tell a pun. the smile he'd show with eyes full of adoration and wonder when learning something new—when being around seokjin.

jin loved the way namjoon's fingers would wrap around his own, caressing his hand in a way so tender it made jin feel fragile. the way namjoon's slender fingers would trace the bones in jin's hands for the sake of memorization and appreciation.

jin loved the softness namjoon hid behind his exterior of confidence and designer fashion. because the impression of a self assured, badass namjoon seokjin first presumed the younger to be was not always the case.

he was an enigma of fluff bundled and wrapped in leather, spikes and a deep, earth shattering voice.

so while gazing at the oblivious boy sitting underneath the cherry blossoms, jin realized he'd fallen in love with a refreshing complex named kim namjoon.

"hey, idiot," jin waved his palm in front of namjoon's spaced out expression. the action snapped the boy out of whatever dream world he'd lost himself in, giving jin his full attention. "it's getting late, and i've still got work tomorrow," he trailed off, leaving the unspoken words for namjoon to fill in.

"you're right. i'll walk you home." somewhat dejectedly, namjoon stood up, bringing jin along with him.

a strange silence filled the space as neither said a word, leaving the background noise to the people around them and the chirping cicadas.

by the time they'd arrived to seokjin's mahogany wooden door, it was nearly eleven at night.

"i'm sorry if the date sucked," namjoon hung his head, keeping his sight on the glaze finished porch. "sucked?" jin mirrored in confusion. when namjoon hadn't lifted his head, jin gently lifted his chin upwards so they were face to face.

"it was the best date i've ever been on," the older began, "when will i ever get to say i had an eating contest with the most handsome male in existence at a fiver star restaurant?" he chuckled softly, emitting a small smile from namjoon in return.

"most handsome male in existence? i don't remember only you being there." namjoon replied smartly, but seeming more confident than seconds before.

for a while, the two stared at one another as if the stars twinkled and the sun beamed only for them.

"you're my moon, seokjin, and my heart is the ocean. you control the tides with simple gestures and i'd either wreak havoc or cease to exist without you." namjoon swallowed visibly as he fished for something in his coat pocket. he pulled out a slim velvet necklace case, and pushed it open with the pads of his thumbs.

tear shaped diamonds strewn across an illustriously jeweled silver band glinted under the luminescence of the full moon.

jin nearly swayed on his feet by the moment itself. his palms were placed over his mouth as his wide, tear pricked eyes stared in awe at the gift.

"don't you dare reject this necklace just because it's expensive," namjoon breathed, "because this is me properly asking you to date me; to grant me the honor of calling you my boyfriend." his hopeful, puppy-dog look towards jin was enough to coerce the tears to stream down his cheeks. they were so warm he thought they left a trail a fire behind.

"do i even have to answer that? gosh joon, of course i'm saying yes. i'd say yes today, tomorrow, and a thousand times in the future." grabbing the younger's cheeks, seokjin pulled him in for a long and sweet kiss.

chuckling in between each time their lips met, namjoon said, "if you keep kissing me like this, i'll bill you for making me drop this necklace."

***

i pulled that moon bs outta my ass bc it's cute and highly unrealistic that anyone would ever say that to me,,

so i might as well let my version of jin be told so