Revelations

Lost Boy Rule: Only Peter and Faeries can fly. 

Peter frantically began to perform CPR, compressing her chest and giving mouth to mouth. After the second round of compression, Lizzy jerked to the side and began to cough and spew quantities of water, clearing her lungs. Peter gently held her shoulders and waited for her gasps to slow to normal breathing. 

She gingerly sat up and saw who her rescuer was. He grinned at her and joked, "Welcome back, Princess."

She was not smiling however, anxiously she grasped his shoulder in sudden panic, "Ben?" she asked. 

Peter's eyes softened as he answered, "Safe."

She let out a sigh and gently pushed him away. She got herself to a standing position but this was a mistake. She realized this when her world shifted and her legs buckled beneath her. Strong arms quickly supported her. She looked and saw Peter's anxious expression and frantic question, "Woah, Easy there. Are you hurt? Did they hurt you?" The question seemed to be travelling to her over a great distance. 

Groggily she replied, "Not really."

Stubbornly, she tried to support herself and again, her body would not cooperate.

Peter's mouth had set in a grim line. He scooped her up into his arms, ignoring the token protest and flew as quickly as he could back to the Hideout Tree.  

-------------------- Doc's Office--------------------------

Lizzy slept for a day, scaring the daylights out of all the boys. Peter never left her side for an instant. When she did happen to open her eyes, they stared up into his pale face. His pallor made his eyes  an even more unearthly color. It rather dazzled her. 

"Where?" Lizzy started, then with a blush, she remembered and amended, "Never mind."

Peter helped her to sit up and when that had no deleterious effect, he lifted her chin so he could see her eyes and said, "What happened. Did one of those pirates hurt you?"

Lizzy murmered, "No."  but Peter saw the significant darkening of her pupils and declared, "You're lying."

Lizzy shoved his hand away and stuck out her tongue. 

"It doesn't matter if they hurt me." she said significantly, "It only matters that Ben and Tommy are ok." 

"It is important that all three of you are ok." Peter argued, "I had thought all were in the clear once you defeated Mr. Dram and Gentleman Starkey. Ben is too much a little gentleman to have left you for safety and I should have anticipated that. If I had know there was another one, I would have stepped in an helped. I should have stayed." His voice broke with self reproach on the last sentence. 

"You saw me fighting Red Stripe and Long Coat?" she asked, surprised. 

"I followed you three the minute you started your adventure." he said matter-of-factly, "I wanted to see what you would do. Pirates are a constant threat on the Island and you fought with appalling ingenuity. I was impressed." 

Lizzy grinned in spite of herself. 

"I guess I am just an amazing teacher." he gloated to himself. The grin melted off Lizzy's face and was replaced with her fake gagging. 

"You are so full of yourself" she remarked. 

Peter shrugged and said, "If I wasn't a good teacher, you'd have been defeated."

Lizzy rolled her eyes and her stomach growled. With a small laugh, Peter pulled out a tuttle munch and offered it to her. She nibbled at it until the pains in her stomach subsided.