The Club House of Tommy and Ben

Lost Boy Rule: To survive on Neverland, pay attention to your surroundings.

The first days of training left Lizzy sore and tired in the extreme. Over a week had passed and she finally could wake up without groaning when the sun rose. She had mastered the roll, several different jumps and vaults. One fateful day, Peter was up a tree preoccupied with his own thoughts and was sitting on a higher branch about as far off the ground as the first day she had come to the Island.

She smiled, They had been training jump grabs and she had gotten particularly good at them. She took a good running start, leapt onto a stone that was a perfect spring board to grab the branch just below Peters. Swinging up gymnast style, she easily climbed up beside Peter and held out he hand to him.

"Necklace Please." she sweetly said. Peter was gleeful. The speed at her acquisition of the skills was nothing short of miraculous. As promised, he fished out the chain and pendant and re-clasped it to her neck.

"There you go, back where it belongs." he announced.

Out of the woods echoed a triumphant cheer. Peter turned his head in the direction of the outburst and frowned slightly. Taking Lizzy under an arm he murmured,"Let's go see what the commotion is all about."

As they lifted into the air, the long knife attached to her side bit into her rib cage. She complained, "There has got to be a more comfortable way to get me from one place to another in a hurry. I feel ridiculous." Peter's laugh rang out like a bell as he confirmed, "You look ridiculous. But it's not up to me exactly." Then he got the cryptic look he sometimes got and Lizzy knew her inevitable question of, "Who is it up to exactly?" would not be answered. Lizzy harrumph-ed her frustration.

They landed outside the Hideout Tree and entered via the front entrance. In side a cacophony of joyful voices greeted their ears. Hunt stood well and smiling in the middle of his friend and receiving hearty slaps on the back, ruffling of his hair, and other masculine forms of affection. There was also a rather dignified looking Wind Person standing like a pillar with a benevolent smile looking on this reunion. Peter joined in the melee and added his approbation and joyful congratulations to the restored lost boy. Lizzy did not feel like she could walk up and give Hunt a hug, She didn't even really know him. He had been unconscious all the time that she had been there. Lizzy, instead, walked over the the Wind Person and stood in gentle silence.

She looked over at him and found that his expression had changed at her approach to that of reverent respect and his smile was flooded with warmth. He spoke first, "I am River Reed, Chief healer of the Wind People. It is an honor to finally meet you young princess." As Lizzy looked at River Reed's eyes they darkened slightly. It was a strange phenomena that she would have to ask Peter about. She gave River Reed a polite inclination of her head and said, " Thank you for using your skill to help heal that boy."

"It is what I am meant to do." He answered matter of factly, and this time his eyes did not flicker. He next words were puzzling as he added, " No doubt you will be teaching me a thing or two about that when the time comes." There was an edge to his voice that Lizzy was certain she didn't like but she ignored it and allowed him to excuse himself and make his farewells to the rest of the boys.

Jack was at her elbow almost immediately and asked with concern, "What did he say to you?"

Lizzy gave a half smile, which was a delightful thing to behold for it revealed a series of dimples in her sculptured cheeks. She answered half truthfully, "He was just another in a series of enigmatic characters that I have met here on this Island. Between he and Peter today dropping hints about who I am or should be, I'm a little annoyed. I am who I am and always will be." She felt her resentment rising though out this little speech and she endeavored to control it. Jack put a hand on her shoulder. It was surprisingly warm for a winter spirit. Lizzy patted it acknowledging the kindly meant gesture, and Jack let go.