Chapter Two: Rare Occurance

Start from the beginning

"You can't be serious." Sam sat on the toilet lid his stomach pain slowly going away.

"I-I didn't tell you I could get men pregnant because it's rare for angels." Gabriel confessed, "I didn't think-I really thought it wasn't important."

"Gabriel-" Sam scolded but Gabriel cut him off.

"I know, I'm sorry." Gabriel murmured, "I didn't think it would affect us."

"Well, you were wrong!" Sam whisper yelled now feeling the panic rise in his body.

Gabriel was instantly at his side knowing Sam would start freaking out if not distracted. He started rubbing Sam's crossed arms trying his best to calm the hunter down. Sam looked at him obviously frustrated, but strangely grateful. The tension that was once in Sam's shoulders disappeared as he melted into Gabriel's touch.

His stomach pains had gone away after he had peed and now they both just stared at the test waiting for the results.  Gabriel kept Sam close afraid that if he let him go he would lose him. Sam wrapped one of his arms around Gabe as if he was reading the angel's mind.

The test had finally worked and just as Gabriel suspected Sam was indeed pregnant. Sam stood silent for a long moment not sure what to say or how to react. He could see the excitement in Gabriel's eyes yet the unspoken fear also lingered on the angel's face. Sam was the one to choose whether or not they'd keep the child and they both knew that.

"Are you going to ab-" Gabriel started.

"Of course not!" Sam looked slightly offended, "I would never even dream of doing that."

Gabe broke out into a smile giving Sam the softest kiss he had ever received. It was something that was rare between the two and Sam couldn't help but smile. He kissed back not sure what he was going to do but knew that Gabriel would help him every step of the way.

A knock on the door made them break the kiss and Sam suddenly realized that he was still in a motel with his brother. Gabriel smiled once more before disappearing without a word. Sam sighed and grabbed the pregnancy test. He shoved it in his back pocket where Dean wouldn't be able to see it.

Another knock made Sam flush the toilet again, "you okay in there?"

"Yeah, I'll be out in a second." Sam ran the sink water splashing his face a little bit.

He opened the bathroom door and stepped back into the room where Cas now stood with his arms crossed over his chest. Dean was staring at Cas with this half defeated half annoyed look in his eyes. They must've been disagreeing about something or Cas wouldn't look so bothered by Dean staring at him. Sam looked in between the two with a raised eyebrow and Dean finally broke his gaze away from Cas and towards his baby brother.

Lately, Cas and Dean had been tense but that was only because it was getting harder and harder for either of them to deny their feelings for one another. Everyone knew it yet no one said it out loud in fear of the reaction of others. Sam knew they'd get over it soon or at least he hoped they would.

"What's wrong?" Sam questioned.

"Cas, wanna tell him or should I?" Dean grunted not looking at Cas.

Cas glared at Dean before looking at Sam, "we have another problem."

"Problem?" Sam took a seat on his bed and felt the pressure of the test in his pocket.

"There's going to be an archangel Nephilim born and we have no idea who's the archangel that did it." Castiel frowned, "it's dire we find out who so we can eliminate the child before it's born."

"What?" Sam felt his heart skip a beat, "how do you even know this is true?"

"Angel radio." Dean grunted, "which means we have to postpone finding mom."

"I-I can find her while you guys look for the bab-Nephilim." Sam knew he wasn't being the smoothest but his heart was pounding and he felt about ready to faint.

"You sure?" Dean leaned against one of the walls, "you don't look too great."

"It's just food poisoning," Sam shrugged. "I'll rent a car tomorrow and go searching."

"Thank you, Sam." Castiel nodded and started towards the door.

Dean kicked himself off the wall and sighed, "be careful."

Sam nodded and watched as his brother and best friend walked out of the motel room. He sighed and flopped onto the mattress his head throbbing. How am I supposed to hide my own baby from my brother? He kicked off his shoes and slipped under the covers not bothering to turn off the lights. Sam shut his eyes and decided he'd figure everything out tomorrow.