Chapter 12

I pulled up at the lake house, the sun shining bright. But my fascination with the place was cut short when I heard him.

"Now, all I have to do is apply a little pressure...." He trailed off. I grunted, speeding out my car and over to him. Once he saw me he dropped his little target game practise.

"Damon. What the hell are you doing to my brother?" I questioned, folding my arms as I walked up to Jeremy who stumbled away from Damon, barely able to breathe.

A pizza van rolled up next to us, a blonde getting out. Damon glared at Jeremy.

"Really again?" Damon sighed in disappointment. How long had these nitwitts been out here? And why are they even out here?

After Damon had told the blonde to basically fuck off and told my brother and Matt to go a jog around the lake, he turned to me and smirked.

"And what delightful snack did you bring?" Damon smirked. I rolled my eyes, looking back to Stiles walking over from the car.

"Shut up, it's Stiles" I grumbled. Stiles came beside me, putting his arm around my waist and nodding at Damon. As much as Damon tried to hide it, I could tell he liked Stiles. And not for his humour or his goofiness, but because Damon knew Stiles could take care of me and would protect me.

"Damon" Stiles greeted, I could practically taste the tension in the air.

"Stilinski" Damon nodded back.

"Well, I'm going to get myself a drink. You kids have fun" Damon patted my shoulder, pushing past me, I could tell how tired he was.

I huffed, turning to Stiles and placing my hands on his shoulders.

"Anything you need to warn me about?" Stiles asked, pressing our noses together as I smiled a little, pretending to think.

"Emmm, just that every guy I know in Mystic Falls is a body builder and frankly that terrifies me"

----

Stiles and I had put our bags away in a spare room, I had shown him around and now we were sitting at a bench, watching Jeremy learn to use a gun. Jeremy hadn't even looked at Stiles or me, but Jeremy hadn't really seen me since he became a hunter and I became the hunted.

He handed the gun to Damon who nodded, mumbling "good" before unloading the gun on the table and handing it back to Jeremy.

"Now do it like your life depends on it, cause it does" Damon said in monotone, how he says almost anything. I wasn't particularly liking this trip and I could tell Stiles wasn't either. But I warned him before we left.

"Don't act like you care about my life" Jeremy stood up, I put my head in my hands, groaning. Here comes another argument.

"You care about the hunter's mark and curing Elena so she's not sired to your ass" Jeremy sassed. I whipped my head up. Cure? What had I missed?

"Cure? What cure?" I asked, straightening up but Damon ignored me, as did Jeremy.

"Both require you to be alive. Which is why i've updated our relationship status to 'It's complicated'" Damon sassed. I felt hairs stand up on the back of my neck, feeling something not so right approaching.

"Stiles..." I warned, standing up and whipping around to cover Stiles up as Klaus appeared.

"Sorry did I interrupt play time?" The accent rang through my ears, making me smile and want to vomit at the same time. On one hand he saved my life and on the other he only helps other to get what he wants.

"What the hell are you doing here?" Jeremy asked. You tell him little bro.

"I'm simply appreciating the sights and smells of nature. Neither of which include rotting vampire flesh so i'm a bit concerned. Morning, Clara I see you're doing well" Klaus stopped barely a foot away from me, frankly creeping me out way too much.

"How many vampire have you killed?" Klaus asked.

"If we throw Jeremy out into the world right now he's chum" Damon over enunciated, making me shiver a little at the thought of my little brother being murdered by my own 'kind'.

"Yes, well, that's not a number. 12, that's a number. that's how many of my hybrids i slaughtered with my own sword. 3, that's how many days it took to quill the urge to kill your brother after he knowingly watched as I walked into a death trap. 1, that's the number of purposes you serve" Klaus said, making me flinch as he talked about that night. The night he killed Carol Lockwood.

"You're here to grow Jeremy's mark, so i'll ask again. How many vampires has he killed since he's been here?" Klaus stepped forward to Damon. I walked over slowly, not wanting to be on Klaus' never ending kill list but not wanting to let him hurt Damon either.

"Zero" I butted in, Klaus turned to me with a fake smile, chuckling a little.

"You see, i'm going to need that cure sooner rather than later. Hybrid shortage and all. How can I help?" Klaus walked back over to the bench, standing next to Stiles, which frankly terrified me and him.

"Now that you mention it...Jeremy, watch and learn" Damon said fiddling with the gun. He quickly pointed it up, shooting Klaus twice in the chest. Stiles flinched, falling off the bench. I sped over and helped him up, both of us keeping protective arms around each other.

"That was from Carol Lockwood. Now step away from the boy" Damon sassed. Times like these I loved Damon. Not only did he protect me but he defended his friends and even the boy i fell in love with no matter how annoying Damon found him.

----

"You okay?" Stiles asked, reaching over me to turn the TV off with the remote and turning to me. I nodded. I hadn't realised how less stressful Beacon Hills was compared to Mystic Falls.

"I just need to relax" I nodded, shuffling further back into the bed, but Stiles still hovered above me, biting his lip. I smiled a little as he leaned down, our lips inches apart.

"I think I could help with that" Stiles whispered. He leaned down, pressing his lips to mine. They molded together perfectly, moving slowly in sync. I pushed him back, so we were both on our knees, kissing. He tugged on the hem of my shirt, smirking into the kiss. I pulled off my top but just as I threw it to the side Stiles grabbed my thighs, pulling them forward so I fell back and he hovered on top of me again.

My skin tingled as he left soft kisses down my stomach, every nerve in my body on fire.

"You know, I've actually had sex with Clara and she's just amazing isn't she?" Damon interrupted. Stiles pulled away suddenly, I scrambled up from my bed, pulling a pillow out from behind me to cover my top half.

"Damon! Get out" I squealed.

"Yeah dude, come on" Stiles pouted. Damon chuckled, taking a swig of his bourbon and turning away, a shovel on his shoulders. That just spells dead body.

Damon closed the door behind him, Stiles and I sighing as we looked at each other.

"Guess the moment's gone?" Stiles asked, raising his eyebrows. I glared, nodding.

"Movie night?"

"Movie night"