Chapter 1

A/N: The picture you are seeing is the person playing caroline. She is Maureen Wroblewitz. A Filipino-German who won Asia's Next Top Model cycle 5.

Caroline's POV

"And that's the waaay the news goes." is what rick said, who is a character of my favorite show - Rick and morty. I enjoy binge-watching but I really should be studying for my finals tomorrow. Ugh.
I closed my laptop and started reading my notes. Damn it I got 3 more hours.

*3 hours later*

My phone rang up and alerted me that I AM FREAKING LATE FOR CLASS. Oh no!!! I hurried my way to pick all my shit up. I got a new shirt and washed my face. No more time for makeup ugh whatever time to showcase everyone my gross face.

I walked across the halls and see people looking at me. Why? Is it because of my face? Do I even wear makeup for myself or for others? Anxiety is growing so I speed-walked to my first class.

I got in the room and sat on the closest vacant chair. Looking for the mirror in my bag, the professor suddenly went in with a pile of paper. "Okay everyone, show your permit for me to sign so you can take your exams." Mr. Smith said. I, then look for my permit but... wait. Where is it? Oh God, oh God OH GOD!!! I AM SHOOK!

What a nice day to be unlucky. Mr. Smith is already in front of me. "Permit?" He asked. "I'm so sorry sir. I thought I brought it." I said still looking for it in my bag, but easily surrendered when I knew for a fact that I forgot it at home. "Unfortunately, you cannot take the exam today." He said. "But... but!?" "No buts, young lady. You can now leave the room." He said, escorting me to the door.

GOD DAMN IT!!! I went to the restroom and went inside a cubicle. It's safe to say that I cried... a lot. "Hey girl, you okay?" Someone knocked on the door. "Uhm. Yeah. I'm fine." I said, wiping my tears away.

I got out and fixed my face. "Thank you for your concern." I smiled at her. "No problem, I'm Boze." She introduced. "I'm Caroline." "Girl, a gorgeous person like you should not be crying. Come here." She said. I come close to her and let her fix my face. About 10 minutes have passed and I look hella fine. Like I would totally check myself out. "Oh my god! You're so amazing. Thank you Boze." I said hugging her. "No problem boo. Just text me when you need me. I'll see you later at lunch." She said exiting the door.

Wow my third year in college and I finally found myself a friend.

*2 years later*

Boze's POV

"And that's how I met my best friend, Lin" I explained on the on-going live. "So this girl... do you still talk to her?" Joven asked. "No actually. Once I moved here we lost all connections. And it has been a year or so. I do miss her." I said. "What a bummer. She seemed cool tho." Mari said. "She is actually. She is a very adventurous gal. You guys would click so fast." I proudly said. "Is she pretty tho?" Flitz asked. "Hella pretty. Also, she dances like a pro." I said. "Dibs." Flitz said. "No Flitz, anyways that's all the time we have today! Thank you guys for watching. Woot woot." I ended the stream and fixed all the mess we made. "GUYS GUYS GUYS. I HAVE A HUGE ANNOUNCEMENT" Ian exclaimed. "Oh my gosh, what?" Mari asked, excitedly. Shayne entered the room with someone looking very similar to him. "This is Damien and he's my best friend." Shayne introduced. "He will be the newest addition to the smosh fam." Ian said. Everyone woo'ed.

"Uhm. Hello everybody. I am Damien. I love reading books, and I'm excited to work here with all of you." Everyone introduced themselves. "Hey man! I'm Boze" I introduced merrily. We all chatted for a while when an unknown number called me. "Hello?" I answered.

Caroline's POV

I can not believe my eyes. Our house was burnt down and my mother was inside. I've been crying my eyes out until no more tears were actually falling. "I'm very sorry for the losses Ms. Salvador. The only thing that we can ever recover was this box." The firemen gave me a very wrapped box, it was burnt on some edges but it was fine. I opened it to reveal a pearl necklace and a paper attached to it.

"Hi baby,

Happy Birthday! I bought you this necklace because I saw you always lookin at the window whenever we come across the jewelry store and I can see your eyes glimmer whenever you see it. It makes me happy to see you very happy. Please promise me to be a successful and a very happy young lady. Do whatever you want. Your happiness means more to me than anything else. I love you, baby.

                              Hugs and kisses, Mom"

That's when everything fell apart. The police are still investigating how the fire started. And the thing is, I don't care if our house was burnt down, as long as I have my mom, everything will be alright.

The ambulance took my mom's corpse and brought me along in the hospital. They delivered my mom to the morgue while they make sure I get checked up. This is very tragic. Especially for me. I was gonna surprise my mom with Chinese food but unfortunately, I was the one that was surprised in a very traumatic way. The sad thin is tomorrow is my birthday. What a turn of events.

"Ms. Salvador. Can I talk to you for a minute." I looked at the young man, and nodded sadly. He brought in a ton of papers. "Hi. I'm Dwight Morgan and I am from Social Services. It seems to me that you're the only one, sorry for the word, alive which gives you the entitlement of every ownership of your mom and dad. I just need you to sign this and everything is yours." He said.

Not hearing what he said and just went with the flow, I gave him what he wanted. I signed. He explained again of what will happen but I was not paying attention. Seeing that I am alone in this world is very excruciating. "The money from your parents will be automatically transferred to yours." I nodded. "Thank you for your time Ms. Salvador. My condolences. I wish you great in life. Excuse me." He said.

I just stared blankly at the floor hoping to feel better once I look straight to the world. I've decided to check the accounts. 2.4 million dollars? That's a lot. Spending it all at once for me to forget everything would be dumb. I don't even have a job yet.

Boze's POV

"Hello. This is Melissa from VidCon. I would like to inform y'all that you guys are invited for a party here in downtown L.A." ooohhh parties. "Sure uh wait. I'll put you on speaker. Here you go. Hey so any infos?" I asked. "Uhmm yeah. It will be held at Dinky's Bar at Severino St. Also, it's next month. I'm asking early so I can immediately book for reservations. We're planning on renting the whole bar." She explained. "Oohh. Wow. Okay Please reserve us 15 seats. That's like a lot right?" "The sky's the limit Boze. Anyway, see you soon. Just text me for more details." "Okay, bye." I hang up. "We got invited to a party, guys." Everyone cheered.

*2 weeks later*

My mom had her funeral last week and I am completely devastated. The pain is real. I've been thinking a lot. Moving out from my apartment in Colorado and finding myself a job would be fantastic. My mom told me to be happy and as a promise, I will do it.

I'm looking for places to move in at and my only choices are California, Nevada and New York. Let's think this through.

Nevada, would be sweet. Living the western life but also... Vegas. And that's very pricey for my liking so, ehh. *crossed out the name*

Next, NY City. New York is pretty amazing. Lots of places, lots of buildings and also lots of people. I might get claustrophobic. *crosses out name*

Lastly, California. Cali seems chill. It's also near the beach so I can go there anytime. Maybe I should definitely check that out. Yep I will.

I looked for a plane ticket for Cali, specifically L.A. and I got one on Saturday. It's Thursday right now. Better pack up.

End of chapter 1

A/N: Hello guys! Make sure to give this a like and comment down below about your thoughts. I know Damien was not all over this chapter but the following chapters will be surely filled with him.

Thank you guys for reading this chapter and I'll see you on the next chapter. Byeeeers.