Read My Lips: Chapter 14

Start from the beginning

“I fine.” I said my voice croaky. I didn’t really expect to be so tired after an operation but I just wanted to sleep. I was completely drained.

“I’ll go and get the doctor.” She smiled as she leant down to plant a kiss on my forehead. My dad copies her actions before they both rush out of the room to find the doctor to inform him that I’ve woken up.

Once they’ve left the room, I turn my head to face Zach. “Hi.” I smile tiredly.

“Hi, baby,” He smiles bending over to kiss me. I smile against his lips before he pulls away. “I told you I’d be here when you woke up.”

“I know, thank you.” I smile, wrapping my arms around his neck and pulling him into a hug. Even though it’s only been a few hours, it feels so good to be back in his arms again.

After pulling away from Zach, I had to lie back down in the bed after a wave of dizziness washed over me. I lifted my hand to head my head, unsurprisingly, there were bandages there. I had been told prior to my operation that I’d have to expect dizziness, nausea or discomfort once I’d woken up.

Zach’s face appeared before me making me jump slightly. “Are you ok?”

“Just dizzy, can you get me some water please?” I croaked lifting my hand to my throat. It wasn’t going to do anything but my throat hurt too much.

“Sure.” Zach pressed his lips to my forehead.

He then stood up from his seat beside the bed and went to the drawer’s beside my bed. After filling up the glass, he returned to his seat beside me and helped me drink it.

“Is that better?” He asked, stroking my hair as I lay back down. He placed the glass on the table before turning his attention back to me.

“Yeah, thanks.” I smiled slightly. My throat still felt dry and itchy but it was better than when I had just woken up. Right now though, I just wanted to sleep. But I knew I couldn’t because I had to wait for the doctor to come back in.

My mum and dad came barrelling into the room, the doctor following closely behind them. I could tell already that this was going to be boring.

My doctor basically just gave me instructions on caring for the stiches that I had received from my operation, as well as washing my head, showering and my diet. It was what I expected, oh, and it was boring.

“You’ll have to return next week to have your stiches removed and to have the implant inspected and then you don’t have to return until we turn them on.” The doctor smiled.

I turned to look at my mum. “Will she be able to hear when they are turned on?” My mum inquired from her seat beside me.

“She should be able to, yes. But she will have to return after for another check-up after the first turn on.” She informed my mum.

After the doctor told us some more information, she left leaving me alone with my parents and Zach.

“How long I have to stay here?” I asked, fiddling with the blanket in front of me. The sooner I got to go home the better to be honest.

“Tonight and maybe tomorrow but you can go home after,” My dad spoke up from beside my mum.

I groaned in reply before shuffling further into my bed. Could I not just go to sleep? The thought of Zach took over my mind, there was no noise coming from him, it was like he’d vanished or something.

“Are you tired, honey?” Mum asked whilst already pulling the covers up to my neck and tucking me in.

Instead of replying, I just tiredly nodded my head as a reply. The last thing I remember before falling asleep was the feeling of lips been pressed to my forehead and then sleep took over.