Chapter Six

"Will you calm the fuck down? And stop being so loud, I'm surprised you haven't woken Louis yet." Zayn said as he made his way into Harry's abandoned room. He walked towards where Niall was sitting in his boxers on the bed, clearly dumbfounded by his band mate's random appearance at such an early hour.

"Zayn, how the hell did you get in here?" Niall yelled, having been caught by surprise. He scrambled to keep hold of the phone and to cover himself up with the comforter.

"Niall, is everything okay? What just happened?"  Harry's frantic voice came through the cellular device.

"Not right now Haz. Everthing's fine. It's just Zayn. We'll continue this discussion later, because I have a feeling my attention is needed elsewhere. I'm glad you're feeling better but I have to go." and with that, the blonde pressed the end call button and set his phone down on the bedside table.

"What're you doing in here?" Niall asked, utterly confused.

"I need to talk to you." Zayn replied calmly, not letting Niall's haphazard appearance phase him in the least.

"Couldn't you have called? Why couldn't it wait until I was dressed, or maybe until after I've eaten?"  Ignoring the younger's protests, Zayn walked over to the bed and sat down next to Niall, pulling him into his clothed chest.

"I'm sorry. I've been thinking the last few days about everything that's happened recently… and it's made me realize how lucky I am to have you and the boys in my life. I mean, look at Louis. Harry just up and left with no explanation. It's hard for me to watch him go through this, because I know that even if I rarely show what I feel, I'd be worse if someone as close to me as Harry is to Louis did that to me." The Bradford boy wrapped his arms tighter around Niall and let out a deep sigh of contentment.

"I've acted like a bit of a git lately as well." Niall relented, he couldn't be mad at his friends forever. It was a time for them to come together, what with Harry having seemingly disappeared, not fall apart. "Forgive and forget?" He offered.

"No." Zayn said quietly.

"What?" Niall was confused, didn't he just say-

"Forgive, but not forget, let's treat this as a learning experience. It'll be for the better."

___________________

Louis had woken up at 9:30 that morning, haven fallen asleep around seven. He hated the nights with a passion, they were the times where he was reminded that Harry was no longer with him. He'd lay in bed for hours, crying and hugging the pillow that they had so often shared. Why'd he have to leave?

Growing annoyed of the constant noise his stomach was making, the Doncaster lad figured that it'd be a good idea to go and get food. As he walked past Harry's room, he heard muffled voices through the door. One obviously belonging to Niall, but he couldn't immediately place the other. With his curiosity getting the better of him, Lou put his ear to the door and listened to the two voices.

"What'd he want when he called?" The mysterious voice asked, Lou recognized it as Zayn.

"He wanted me to come and visit him on Monday, and to make everything okay between you, Liam, and Lou." Niall responded. Louis wondered who had called.

"Are you sure that's such a good idea? I mean, who would stay with Louis? He can't be alone right now, and He's not speaking with Liam or I at the moment." Zayn sounded surprised at the person's requests. Lou was just as confused as to what Zayn was doing in his and Harry's flat… and why Niall hadn't thrown him out. They were angry with each other, weren't they? Or had they made up?

"I know, it's a terrible thing. I don't want to go behind Louis' back… but someone needs to be there for him. I told him exactly what I thought of his decision though. That if he was expecting Louis accept him back with loving arms, he was naïve." Niall sounded upset, but the older boy was more focused on the fact that Harry had called. Called. He had missed the chance to hear the curly haired boy's sweet voice.

"Haz…" It came out as a broken whisper as Lou slid down the wall, tears cascading down his cheeks.

On the other side of the wall, Zayn jumped as Louis made a thunk sound as he sat down.

"What was that?" Niall asked, shifting out of his place in Zayn's lap and out of the bed. He stepped into a pair of jeans and pulled on a warm sweatshirt that he'd found on the floor.

"Dunno, maybe Lou's up? If he is, I'd better apologize to him." the Bradford boy followed Niall to the door and opened it for him. "After you." He said politely.

"Thank you, Zayn" Niall said, smiling up at him. Stepping out of the room, he heard it. That terrible, awful sound. The sound of dreams dying, hopes being crushed, lives ending. Crouching down next to the source, he pulled the older boy into his arms and rocked his quivering body back and forth soothingly. The terrible, awful sound continued. For Louis Tomlinson was crying once more.