Chapter Two

Dear Haz.

I hope that you're okay, wherever you are. I miss you so much, but I understand that you probably have a very good reason for breaking your promise. It's okay. You can make it up to me when you come back.

Things here are weird without you. Liam and Zayn have been fighting a lot, and Niall keeps spending the night in my room because he can hear them arguing at obscene hours in the night through the walls. (No, he's not sleeping with me… I've taken to sleeping in your bed. Well, because it reminds me of you. Since mine wasn't being used, I offered it up.)

I saw your mother in the grocer yesterday, and that’s what prompted me to write you this letter. She said she couldn't tell me where you were because she had promised someone that she wouldn't, but she said that she could get this to you.

Jay and the girls send their love, and they miss you as well.

Love you,

Your Lou-Bear

(P.S. I wish you were here.)

Harry could just make out the faded letters of another post-script. Obviously Lou had written something to him, but decided to erase it. Unfortunately for him, Harry had amazing eyesight and could make out every somewhat erased character.

Why did you have to leave me? We were happy with the way things were, weren't we? We slept together, shared a bed, cuddled on the couch, went to the grocer together. What went wrong? What could I have done? More importantly, what can I do to get you back? I miss you like crazy Harry, and I don't think that I can live without you. I want you to be happy, and I don't want to seem selfish by sending this to you and telling you how much you being gone is hurting me, because obviously you would have to have been hurting pretty badly to have left in the first place.

Harry, I'm not trying to guilt you into coming back, but I feel the need to explain the gravity of the situation you've created back home. Yes, home. Your home, my home, our home here in this silly little bachelor flat. I can't sleep at night, I cry all night and I just can't stop. The sobs are endless, and I end up choking on them and not being able to catch my breath. I've woken Niall up a fair few times because I had worked myself into a frenzy. That's why he's not on the couch.. My room is closer to yours than the living room, and this way he can make sure that I'm not suffocating.

Every time that  I do get those precious hours of sleep, I think of you. You're constantly there, and I pray that you'll never leave my head because I don't know when I'll ever see you again. Right now, all I have are the memories of you and I. Even if they seem like nightmares right now, I'd rather have them and remember what you look like, than sleep peacefully and forget the most beautiful smile on earth.

It's not just me having problems. Everyone is struggling. Zayn is chain smoking, Niall won't eat, and Liam isn't talking to anyone outside of interviews. He hates having to make up excuses for why you aren't there, and it's killing him. It's killing us.

Come home Hazza. We need you.