Chapter Six // The Flood

The Flood - Escape The Fate

Chapter Six

Ricky's POV

"Mm, Lola? Are you awake? Chris is gone." I ask Lola as I got down on one knee, shaking her hand softly, "wha?" She mumbles softly, "Chris is gone, sweetie, it's just the two of us until he comes back, he's going out of town." I smile warmly at her.

"What time is it?" She says as she sits up, "uhm, hold on a second." I said and checked my watch, "it's 10:46 in the morning, hun." I answer, "thank you." She smiles. "Are you hungry?" I ask, she shakes her head slightly, "alright." I say quietly as I sit next to her.

She's been sleeping on the couch for the past couple of day's, I've been staying with Chris for the past couple of weeks, and I may potentially move in with him and Lola.

Maybe, it's just a thought.

"Good morning." Lola says quietly, "good morning, hun." I smile at her, "when did you get up?" She asks as she covers up in her blanket, "around 9:20, not to long ago." I answer.

"Do you need me to do anything today?" She questions, I shake my head, "alright." She says, "uhm, Ricky?" She says, "hm?" I raise an eyebrow. "Can we do something today?" She asks shyly, "of course, anything you want to do?" I question, "can we just watch movies, get me into comfy clothes, and just.. Spend time with together, if that's not too much to ask for. Please." She suggested.

"Yeah, it sounds good to me, is there anything you'd like to wear?" I ask, "something of yours, please." She answers in a quiet tone, "sure, come with me." I say as I stood up, letting my hand out for her to hold, she looked at my hand in confusion then up at me and raised an eyebrow.

"Take my hand, silly." I chuckle, "o-okay." She stutters as she takes my hand, I pull her up, "let's go." I say as I lead her out to the main hall, leading us upstairs and into my room, also known as the guest bedroom.

"Wh-why'd you take me here?" She asks as she takes back her hand, "go look in my drawers, pick whatever you want to wear, hun." I say as I head towards the door, then I looked back at her, "if you need anything specific, don't be afraid to call me, I'll be downstairs waiting for you." I said.

"Ricky.. Don't leave me." She says, "sure, I'll just wait outside, I won't leave you, promise." I smile, "thank you." She timidly says, I nod to show a sign of respect, I walk out of the room and leant against the wall.

This girl..

Lola is unusual.

She can be loud and annoyingly cute one moment, then the next moment, she's quiet, shy, and overall.. Frightened.

Which is perfectly understandable due to her situation.

The whole situation about her and Chris just makes me.. Uncomfortable. I want to help Lola, I truly do, I don't know where to start or what to do, honestly.

"Ricky?" Lola called out, "yeah?" I answered, "can I wear one of your shorts?" She asks, "sure!" I answer, "do you want me to come in?" I questioned, "no, please!" She responds.

I honestly don't have a single clue to where Chris is going to, he's always so closed in whenever he's living his very private life, sure, he'd tell me most thing's, but it's almost as if he's living a double life.. Which he technically is doing so.

It never really clicked into my head that he's living a double life..

I sound like a complete dumbass right now. Jesus christ.

"Hey there, thank you for waiting." Lola smiles lightly, "anytime." I yawned, "you tired?" She asks, "only slightly, but I'll live." I answer, she's wearing a black hoodie and black basketball shorts.

"Lets go downstairs now, I just want to have a lazy day today." I said as I took her hand, leading us back downstairs and into the living room, we flopped down on the couch.

"Thank you for being so kind to me, Ricky." Lola says in a quiet tone, "you're welcome." I say, "but you don't have to keep thanking me, there's no point in it." I add on. "I know I don't, it's just how I was raised.. I always say thank you for help, it's just who I am." She says as she rests her legs against my lap, I lay my arms against her legs and smile softly at her.

"How is your life?" I ask, "oh wait, I meant how was your life, Lola. I'm so sorry, I didn't mean it that way." I quickly apologized, "it's okay, it's okay, don't worry about it." She says.

"But, well.. My name is Lola Desdemona Addams, I'm 19, very straight, I have one sibling, but she unfortunately got into a car crash, along with my mom, they both d-.. didn't make it, it's been four years since they've been gone. I don't really connect with music, besides few songs here and there, but I really enjoy drawing, uhm, I've been in two long term relationships, they didn't work out, clearly. Actually, my boyfriend broke up with me right before I.. Got here, I'm sorry, I don't really know what else to say." She answers with a slight tear forming in her eye.

"Hey, Lola, babygirl, don't cry, don't cry, you're so beautiful, if you want to leave, I'll help you, I promise." I say as I pull her into my arm's, rubbing her arms softly, "I-I don't want to leave, my dad constantly hurts me and I h-have nowhere else to go, Ricky. Please. Don't le-let him hurt m-me.." she cries softly into my chest.

"Of course not, sweetheart. Never." I say as I rub her back softly, "I promise I'll always protect you, from Chris, and whoever else. I won't ever let anyone lay a hand or even a finger on you, not while you're with me. I'll always make sure you're well taken care of and safe." I say and gently plants a gentle kiss on her head as she calms down.

For awhile, Lola hid in my chest, for the first little while, she was gripping tightly on my clothing, but she has let go since, she's still hiding in my chest, though I don't mind one bit.

"Ricky?" She says quietly, breaking the silence, "yes, sweetheart?" I say, "what's going to happen to me?" She asks as she lays her head in my lap and lays her body against the couch, "I'm not sure, I don't have the question to that." I answer sadly and began to stroke her hair gently.

"Can I kiss you?" She mumbles quietly, expecting me not to hear her, I blushed badly and looked the other way, "I'm hungry." She says as she shoots up, "anything you're up for?" I chuckled softly.

"Uhm, uhh.. Chinese! I want Chinese! Please, Ricky, please!" She begged as if she was five year's old, "okay, little one." I joked, causing her to blush, she looked down to hide her blushing cheeks. "Awe, you're blushing, that's so cute." I teased, "stop it." She furrowed her eyebrows.

I smiled at her, she looked away and leaned against the couch, I heard her sob quietly, "Lola, come here." I wrapped my arm around her, "let me go!" She screamed and shoved me away, scooting to the other side of the couch, crying more, "what did I do?!" I snapped.

"I hate you! I hate you!" She screams as she throws a cushion at me, which she misses, "Lola! Stop that!" I roared as I went up to her, kneeling down and held her wrists, firmly, but not too hard, "I hate this place! I fucking hate it! I fucking hate my life! Just kill me, please just fucking kill me, Ricky! I hate you! I hate you! I hate you! I'm drowning, let me go!" She cried out as she stood up, trying to walk away, I quickly stood up and wrapped my arm's around her, holding her tightly.

"Baby, baby! Please, please just calm down, calm down, baby, I'm right here." I stammered as I continued to hold her, letting her cry against me, after quite awhile, she started to calm down, I lead us towards the couch, I sat her down and wrapped a blanket around her, then sat down next to her.

I looked at her, she had her head down and was holding onto the blanket tightly, "I'm sorry.." She says above a whisper, "it's okay." I say quietly, "I-I don't hate you." She says quietly, "I know." I say softly as I rub her back gently.

My poor, sweet girl..