Chapter Three // Avalanche

Avalanche - Bring Me The Horizon

Chapter Three

Ricky's POV

"Ricky?" Lola questions in a soft tone, "yes?" I answer as I look at her, "I-I.. Never mind." She sighs.

"Hey, what is it?" I ask as I wrap my arm around her, pulling her close, "never mind.. I'm just scared for when they come back.." She says above a whisper.

"I'm sorry, Lola.. But hey, I'll be here, for you. You're rather beautiful, and well.. I'll be here for you, as I just said a few seconds ago." I chuckle quietly, "thank you, Ricky." She smiles lightly and relaxes against me.

"Odd question, but do you believe in any religion?" She questions, "uhm, no, I'm an atheist, how about you?" I ask, "yeah, I do, I'm catholic, but granted, I don't believe in all of the rules of the catholic church. So I mean, I guess I'm between of being agnostic and catholic, in a way. It's stupid, I'm sorry." She chuckles and pulls away.

"No! No, it's fine, keep going, it sounds rather interesting." I said, "okay, so well, I know being like 'fuck god' is rather trendy nowadays, but like.. For me, I believe that there is a god, devil, heaven, and hell, and all of that stuff. The church seems to be open minded nowadays than in the olden days, uhm.. The old pervy priests can go burn in hell, because they suck, and stuff." She trailed off.

"Well.. I'm not sure wether to say good for you or I'm sorry?" I joked, "thanks, I think." She laughs softly. "What time is it?" She asks, "hold on." I pull out my phone and unlocked it, looking at the time, "it's 9:20." I answer and locked my phone, placing it besides me.

"I'm hungry, are you hungry?" I look up at her, "no, not really." She answers, "Lola, you haven't eaten all day." I said and sat up straight, placing my hand on her knee, "I know, I don't want to eat, Ricky." She whines and looks away.

"C'mon, sweetie, you have to eat." I said as I rubbed her knee gently with my thumb, looking at her.

Is this a little too up close and personal or is this being fucking creepy?

Eh.

She would've slapped me already if she didn't like it.

"Oh! Oh, idea, can you at least eat a granola bar?" I ask, "I mean.. I guess." She answers and takes a glimpse at me, only to look down at the ground.

"Gimme a second." I smile and pull my arm back, standing up and headed towards the kitchen area, I opened a cupboard and moved a few items around, then grasping on the box of granola bars, I closed the cupboard and headed back to the couch, I sat next to her and placed the box between us.

"What kind is there?" She asks, "take a look." I answer, she takes the box and starts looking through it, "if you need anything to drink, go look in the fridge or just tell me." I add on, "thank you, Ricky. Thank you for treating me nicely." She says quietly.

"Hey, what kind of music do you like?" I ask, "I-I.. I don't really like music, it never really interested me, nothing ever really caught my attention." She replies, "I'm sorry, this sounds weird, but can we cuddle?" She questions, "I, uhm.. I can't, I have a girlfriend. Anything else, I'm down." I answer.

"It's fine, it's fine, I'm just gonna go to sir's bed. I'm sorry." She apologizes sadly and walks towards the bunk area, leaving the granola bars behind.

Not going to lie, it made me slightly sad when she left.

Eh.

Guess I'll just watch some tv and relax.

Lola's POV

Hm.

How did I ever end up like this?

Why am I here?

This sounds idiotic, which it probably is, but well.. This came into mind, I can try to get Ricky to fall in love with me so I can use him to escape this living hell.

I know it sounds completely irrational, but it wouldn't hurt to try, it's not like he actually is going to fall in love with me considering he has a girlfriend.

I sound so crazy right now.. Damn.

I just.. I don't know how my life became like this, yeah, I never had to best life beforehand, I just didn't know this would ever happen, especially from my dad..

Tomorrow, he is coming back..

This is my life, Lola.

This is my brand new life..

It could be worse, it could be worse.. I could be knocked up or in a ditch or something..

Everyone takes freedom for granted, they never take a second from their day to appreciate with what they have, everyone wants more and more, but no one stops to realize how fortunate we are.

I never had the best life either, but I know I took what I had; for granted.

I'll take this one night.. To relax and to feel somewhat like a human. Just for awhile..