One - Caught in Fire

I looked outside the window and saw the kids playing football. They look so happy as they kick the ball around; I bet that it was fun.

   When was the last time I had fun?

"Alyson, your attention please." napalingon naman agad ko. Mom was looking at me with her hands on her hips.
"Sorry." sabi ko at nagpatuloy sa paglagay ng mga gamit sa karton.

   We're moving again. As usual.

   I heard Mom sighed before she asks. "Honey, are you okay?"
"I'm fine." I smiled weakly.
"Honey please, napag-usapan na natin to." I looked at her and saw her sadness.
"Mom really, okay lang po ako. It's just that..." hindi ko matapos ang sasabihin ko. How can I say it? It wouldn't matter anyway.

   We had to run.

"I know Aly, moving is hard pero wala tayong ibang choice kundi gawin ito. If we stay here for too long they might..." she trailed off and fear written on her face.

"Don't worry Mom, naiintindihan ko po." I smiled at her to ease her worries. She smiled back.
"Thank you dear." she then wipe the sweat out of her face and started cleaning again.

   I looked at Mom, and see how fragile she looks. She looks tired and drained. I wish I could be of any help to her.

   Our whole life has always been in danger kaya lagi kaming lumilipat. Hindi kami nagtatagal ng mahigit anim na buwan sa isang lugar. I could have easily said that I traveled the whole world from our constant running and hiding.

   Mom told me that she's a Caster, - a pretty term for a witch in my opinion - and that her world is at war. So she had to run with me. The good thing is that she have this power where she can cast spells to make things work for us.
   The downside is; so as the ones that were after us.

   Sabi niya, may dalawang uri ng Casters sa mundo.

   The light and dark.
   The good and evil.

    The evil destroyed the balance of her world that's why we're here in the mortal realm. Casters blending in with mortals.
    And as cool as it sounds, I don't even have a power of my own.

   None. Zero.

   If only I had, nakatulong sana akong labanan sila and then maybe, just maybe we can live normally like the rest.
   I shook my head to erase the negative thoughts, I have to stay positive. At least, for her.

   Pagkalipas ng ilang oras ay natapos na rin akong mag balot ng mga gamit at maglinis ng mga kwarto. I then took a bath, change my clothes and wear my favorite hoodie. I'm all set and ready to go.

"Mom, may gusto po ba kayong kainin for dinner?" tumingin siya sakin at bahagyang nag-isip.
"How about, yung bagong cafe dear?"
"Cafe? In rose street?"
"Yes that one! Pinipilahan kasi doon, maybe we should try it too before going and please, please, please take lots of pictures." sabi niya ng nakangiti. I laughed at that.

   Sometimes I tend to forgot that I'm not the only one here wishing to try normal things. Mom and I, shares an instagram account in private.
   She lets me take photos of the places we've been and uploads it like our very own travel diary.

"Of course Mom. Be back in a few."
"Be careful Aly." she says and then I walk out of the house.

   It's nighttime and it's cold outside buti nalang naka hoodie ako. Nakarating agad ako sa Cafe Bloom makalipas ang ilang minuto, hindi naman kasi ganun kalayo ang rose street sa bahay.
   And Mom was right, mahaba nga ang pila but the place is amazing, may mga roses sila on the wall, hanging lights, a small garden filled with more roses, and the smell of freshly brewed coffee and baked bread in the air.