Grenades Before Babes

A/N: This is a continuation of 'Experiment', but this does not continue off of 'Salvation'. It is what would've happened if Wheeljack found you instead of Team Prime.
• • •

• • •Description: Wheeljack had been flying around Earth solo, when he found your frame

• • •
Description: Wheeljack had been flying around Earth solo, when he found your frame. He took you in, but only after clearing up your misunderstanding, did you make one of the unlikeliest friendships ever made.
• • •
2ND POV
7/30/17
• • •

You woke up in an unfamiliar environment. Then, you realized: You were underwater.

You swam for your life before your metal frame sank to the bottom of the ocean. It was a little difficult, considering no Decepticon was ever taught how to swim. Once you reached the uninhabited shore, you shook off most of the water that still clung to you. You were tired and your energon levels were low, so the decision you made was to power down cand save energy. For now.

It was the only logical path you could think of, and your body was more than ready to go immediately offline. Hopefully, those on the Nemesis wouldn't send search parties out. Though they thought you were long gone, you were unsure on what Megatron would do next. He was unpredictable to some, and you didn't exactly have much experience attempting to predict him like an Autobot. Then again, you've only been alive for about a month and a half at most.

You crawled into a forest filled with flowers and deciduous trees that towered above you and sat below you. The landscape was beautiful and untouched by humans. It would be a perfect place to hide while you slept! There was a mountain to block you from view, too! You lay down on the soft, untrimmed grass that was littered with dew drops. Your head rested on a part of the mountain to serve as a moss-covered pillow.

A few minutes of shut-optic shouldn't hurt you, right?
• • •

You opened your optics lazily, your vision blurry from hours of stasis. You didn't have to assume it was late evening, for the sun was already meeting the water on the horizon. But somebody stood in front of you, blocking your perfect view of the miraculous scene. That someone was also pointing their katanas in between your optics in a battle stance. They obviously hadn't heard of manners yet.

Your vision cleared up to find the wrecker, Wheeljack, with his battle mask covering his mouth. Your optics widened, and you felt completely and utterly stupid for not recognizing the threat seconds before. You scooted backwards into side of the mountain that your helm had rested on previously in fear.

Was he going to kill you? Probably. Why couldn't you catch a break? Especially today? Today out of all days. But enough of the in-your-head rambling.

"Put your hands up, missy." Wheeljack growled. You frowned beneath your visor.

"For what?" You asked. You weren't exactly playing dumb, but you weren't really being smart either.

"You know what, 'Con!" The rogue Autobot said like it was obvious. How would you get out of this mess? Like a human artist once said, 'Kill them with kindness'.

"I'm sorry, I was only resting my optics." You apologized, sitting up a little straighter.

"You're not like the other 'Cons, are you?" The way he put it made the question sound more like a statement.

"I'm a femme eradicon that's been kicked off the Nemesis and shot in the abdomen for annoying Starscream. Where'd you get that idea?" You asked sarcastically. Wait a minute. . . Your injury! You and Jackie stared down at your energon-stained abdominals. Your body's nanites had slowly repaired you, but only enough to get you walking. Further medical attention would be required as soon as you could get it.

"You wanna get that fixed up? I have stuff on my own ship." The wrecker told you. Was he actually going to let you in this easily?

"I-um-yeah! That would be appreciated." You beamed at him, earning a surprised expression. His battle mask retracted itself to reveal a scarred, easygoing smile.

   "Well then, shall we get going?" Wheeljack asked, a little more comfortable. You could still spot a little distrust in his optics, but at least the mech was allowing you on his ship! That was a good sign! The mech picked you up as gently as he could, bridal style.

   "We shall." You responded, adding an optic roll under your mask. He may not have seen it, but he certainly sensed it.

   "You know, you're lucky." The rogue Autobot pointed out. You tilted your helm to the side as he carried you into his ship.

   "And why is that?" You questioned him, wrapping your arms around his neck cables.

   "Because usually, I'm more of a grenades before babes kind of guy."
• • •
A/N: This was shorter than I'd hoped for. I would've posted this yesterday, but my phone was gonna die, soooooooooo. I hope you enjoyed fluff with Wheeljack, and don't worry, I'll try to do more. Over and out!

      —WV—