Salvation

PT.2 of 'Experiment'
• • •
Description: The Autobots find you, heal you, and interrogate you. But what you want to know is: Will they accept you?
• • •
7/14/17
2ND POV
• • •

LAST TIME, on Experiment:

      "Optimus! Come quick!" Ratchet called.

   "What is the emergency, old friend?" The Prime asked calmly.

   "A Decepticon signal is falling from the sky! Literally!"
• • •

You woke up in a very unfamiliar setting. You were strapped down again, but this time, it wasn't in the Nemesis. They would've killed you already, for sure! The only other option was: The Autobots. What did they want?

"Oh good, you're awake." You looked over to see the Autobot medic. What was his name again? Ratchet, that's right! "You had a shot that could've killed you, though the fall almost got to you first."

"You . . . Saved me?" You asked him, tilting your head to the side in confusion. Why would they even bother with you?

"Honestly, I'm not sure why, but it's not really my call. I fixed your abdomen, but I wouldn't try anything." He told you with an annoyed tone. "Really, I wouldn't." You ignored that last comment.

"I-um-thank you! Sir." You added that on the end to sound respectful. Not using proper titles while addressing someone of higher status was a punishable offense. Then again, this wasn't the Nemesis, but . . . Ratchet looked rather surprised, like he wasn't used to the thanks.

"Hmph. Whatever." Ratchet grumbled, brushing it off like an edgy teen. He, presumably, walked out to get his team for your interrogation. You didn't need to guess to know what they wanted: Answers. Unfortunately, you didn't really have many. The team entered the room.

   "Are we sure about this Optimus?" The two-wheeler asked him as the small team entered. Ratchet was beside their leader, silently looking you over in slight concern. Your accepting aura to how rude they were being made him more worried than anyone would expect. Of course, he didn't tell anyone, but you seemed to be the only one noticing his odd behavior.

   "I am quite curious as well sir," The commander, you assumed it was Ultra Magnus, commented. "She is just a trooper, what possible use could she be?" Optimus ignored their questions, not wanting to escalate their negativity.

   You felt nervous. The whole gang was there to greet you, or rather, interrogate you. Optimus Prime, Ultra Magnus, Arcee, Bulkhead, Wheeljack, Smokescreen, Bumblebee, Ratchet, and even their human companions, Raf, Jack, Miko and Agent Fowler. Hopefully, you didn't say anything you'd regret! Being on the Nemesis gave you a good leash on yourself, though you were more used to under-stepping your boundaries than anything.

   "Whatever you have in mind Optimus better not get this 'Con loose." The agent growled at him. Mimi jumped up and down in anticipation.

   "Bulk'll pound her to scrap if she tries anything on us!" The Japanese girl yells confidently. The green Wrecker bit his dermas as he looked away, in embarrassment or shame you'd never know.

   "I have no need to hurt any of you." You claimed, keeping your body as relaxed as possible in the restraints. They all looked at you in surprise, but they couldn't see the discomfort that took place beneath your visor.

   "Yeah right, Decepticon scum!" Smokescreen scoffed, followed by the sound of Wheeljack scraping his katanas together. You only felt more uneasy, and more disappointed that their intimidation was getting to you. So, you tried to stay strong!

   "Why were you falling from the Nemesis?" The Prime questioned you. You acted accordingly, giving him part of your story. You would only reveal the rest when asked, just like you would with Megatron.

   "Starscream shot me while I was fleeing from Shockwave's lab." You replied, relaxing yourself. He had noticed your disturbing acceptance to their harassment as well, and felt a small pang of guilt in his spark for it. Most of the 'Cons would be all too stubborn when it came to interrogations like these, willing to die and sacrifice their insignificant lives for their master. You were a different case, as you already knew you'd die a horrible death, not for your leader, but for misunderstanding and greed from another individual that made you feel small, weak, depressed, and calm all over. Feelings much worse may have been their, but the Autobots leader could identify little else.

   "Why would you have been in his lab?" The 12-year-old genius asked you.

   "You are Rafael, correct?" He nodded, shocked that you even referred to him by his name. "Shockwave wanted to mass produce more soldiers like me, but Megatron decided against it, probably thinking we would overthrow him."

   /Definitely sounds like him./ The scout glanced up at Optimus, as if looking for what to do next. They really look up to him, don't they, You thought.

   "Is there anything else you would like to know?" You asked them. If you were to defect to the Autobots, you would need their trust. They seemed just as surprised that you were being this submissive to them.

   "Would you like to become an Autobot?" The Prime asked you kindly, a glint in his bright blue optics that made you smile. Other Autobots gasped at what he was proposing, and attempted to object before being shushed by his glare.

   "That would be . . . nice." You told him. "I know the Nemesis like the back of my servo, and a good sense of what they'll try to do later on." You were determined to prove your worth.

   "Well then, it is settled. Ratchet, is our new teammate ready for action?" The leader looked to his old friend for confirmation. Ratchet sputtered, but didn't even try to argue against him.

   "Yes yes yes, don't do too much flying though. That blast was dangerously close to your T-Cog, and I don't want you taking any chances." He advised, unlocking your restraints.

   "Thank you, Ratchet." You told him. The medic was still surprised at your kindness as he went to his computer.

   "What is your first act as a good guy gonna be?" Jack asked you, resting his arms on the metal railing.

   "This." Was your short answer as a clicking and hissing noise came from your mask. You removed it, tossing the item into the trash by Ratchet's computer, and revealing your captivating, unique, amethyst optics to the universe.

   "Ooh, Thai is gonna be good!" Miko called out.
• • •
A/N: I am totally making spin off scenarios for this!! Later!

      —WV—