22 • Grounded

A day or so passes of dealing with the Telmarines, before Asian informs everyone of the coronation.
Duties must be done and the kings and queens, and those soon to be, find them selves able to spend less and less time with one another. Especially with a certain two.

It's late at night when she hears the twig snap. Aubrianna lay in her 'bed' the days activities clouding her thoughts when a rustle of a bush and a twig snap catches her attention.
She slides out of her bed, grabbing a silver dagger from the trunk at the foot of her bed. Aubrey silently creeps toward the opening in her tent where she heard the ominous noises.

Stepping out into the darkness, nothing but a few lit torches are viable and a breath of relief is allowed out, but is quickly replaced with her body tensing as someone cover her mouth and drags her back into her own tent.
Quickly elbowing them, she turns them around, pinning them to the wall with the dagger at their throat.

It's just Peter. "Never do that again." Her heart thumping, she sighs, breathing out heavily. He smiles at her, hands still raised. "I had to see you, I couldn't sleep." She smiles back, thankful that he couldn't see her flushed complexion in the dark tent. "Me neither." Grasping his hands, she turned heading for the bed. Together, they lay, her back against his chest, their breath mixing. The two lay a while longer before Aubrianna turned to face Peter, who stared right at the girl.

"Thank you." She whispered, smiling at the king in the dark. "For?" She chuckled, as he wrapped his arms around her, leaving a quick kiss on her forehead. "Being with me. I've..I've never felt this way about someone. You, are different. You keep me grounded." His face flushed , he leaned in, connecting their lips. The pair's lips, moving against one another in the dark, quickly changed to a darker pink color before they parted for air.

"You're welcome, love."

Short short short my apologies but Rule, the sequel to this book has been posted!! Only the extended summary as obviously (spoiler if you didn't already guess) Peter and Susan leave, but there is another movie!! Stay tuned loves, we're nearing an end to Siege :'(