09 • Magnificent

I'm skipping the scene where the message is written on the wagon, and instead making my own. It occurs before they arrive at Aslan's Howe.

     The Narnian's began making their way through the forest, after the Pevensie's and Trumpkin had gathered their things. Caspian and Peter lead the group, as Aubrianna scouts around, reporting back.

"The area is clear, no sign of Miraz." She arrives along side the Prince and the king, between the two.

     "Stay back with us for now, you can head out later."
Caspian says to his sister, and she gives a look. "I'm scouting ahead."  She smirks as a horse arrives next to her, and she jumps up. "I'll be back." With that, Aubrey rides ahead, so far that neither can see her.

     Silence hangs between the two, before Peter clears his throat. "So...that's your sister?" Caspian smirks to himself, before turning to the king.

"Indeed. A strong leader, rebellious however. She was supposed to be married off eight months ago to a nearby king." Peter gave him a look of question, his eyebrows furrowed. "But she is not?"

     Caspian shakes his head, sighing. "Against tradition, if I were to die, she would rule. And she would make a magnificent Queen." He nods his head to his returning sister, who smiles at the two.

"Tradition?" Caspian opens his mouth to answer the king, but the noble mouse-knight of Narnia speaks first.
      "It is tradition in Telmar, that the women of the royal family are to be wed off to neighboring kings."
Aubrianna's nose twitches upward, brows furrowing. "I always hated that." Caspian sends a light smile her way.
"Ah yes, King Edwardo was quite upset when he realized he was to find another bride." The Princess snorted, looking at her brother. "He wanted my body, not my heart." Peter's face flushes, and he timidly clears his throat.
     "Well then, we best pick up the pace, can't be much farther." Aubrey sends the king a sly smile, narrowing her eyes, before lightly kicking her horses sides and galloping forward.

Nearly 500 reads in such a short time! Thanks you all <3 I'll try to update again before Christmas. Happy Holidays!