19 • Safe

The two Pevensie siblings make their way out of the Howe, the princess following. Cheers were heard from all around them, the Narnian's hearts pounding as the saw the mass Telmarine army. Miraz and his lords were sat at the other side of the stone clearing in front of the Howe. The three walk toward it, each glancing at Glenstorm who stood waiting, along with a certain paw-sucking bear.

     Edmund offers up Peter's sword, which he grabs, yanking it from his cover. He goes to take step forward, but a pressure on his wrist stops him.
The king turns, locking eyes with Aubrianna, who hesistates, before leaning in and quickly leaving a kiss on his lips. "Stay safe." Shocked, he nods and turns to step forward, heading for her uncle, ignoring the cheers from Narnians.

Feeling gazes locked onto her, Aubrianna turns to meet the stares of Edmund and Glenstorm, the lead smirking at her knowingly. Heat races up her cheeks, and she looks away, eyes cast towards the fighting in front of her.

She turns just in time to see Miraz knock Peter's helmet knocked from his head, his chain coif following suite. The king swings low, slicing the telmarine's leg. Peter is tripped, easily recovering but is knocked down once more as Miraz steps on his shield, loud pops coming from the king's arm.

Aubrianna flinches, staring after the Narnian in worry, anxiousness flooding her system.

A yell sounds from the king, and Aubrianna has to look away. In no way was it due to the battle, but because she could never watch someone she cares about get hurt. Caspian and Susan come riding in, Peter and Miraz both standing, breathing heavily.
The pair exchange words before Peter stalks his way over to the group. "Lucy.."
The queen glances towards the embracing Telmarine siblings. "She got through, with a little help." Peter turns, licking eyes with the prince. "Thank you."

The siblings exchange more words, Susanmaking her way inside the Howe, and Peter turns toward the awaiting group of Narnian's, sword raised high, a faux smile on his features.

Peter hold his arm as he sits, turning toward Edmund and Aubrianna. "I think it's dislocated." Auburianna steps forward, putting her hand between his armor and his chain link, feeling for the dislocation.
Edmund and Peter strike a small conversation, and just as the king goes to thank his brother, Edmund nods at the princess, and she pops his shoulder into place.

"Save it for later." Peter denies his helmet when offered to him, and his kisses Aubrey's hand before stepping toward Miraz again.

Caspian turn towards his sister, eyebrow raised. "What?" She hisses when she feels his gaze on her. "Don't play games with me, I know of you and a certain High Queen." Heat rushes to the prince's face, and he turns back toward the battle.

Peter has no sword, no shield, so he uses his vambraces to block Miraz's swing. He quickly punches the man's injured knee, which he had cut earlier in battle. "Respite, respite!" Peter stops mid swing, his brother calling to him.

"Now is not the time for chivalry, Peter!"
He lowers his hand, walking back toward the Narnian side, but Miraz is quick, grabbing his sword and charging the king. "Look out!" The words are quick to fall from Edmund's lips, and the king turns.

He blocks just in time, grabbing the sword and stabbing it beneath Miraz's arm. He pulls it out quickly, the Telmarine on his knees. He hesitates once more.
"What's the matter, boy? Too cowardly to take a life?" Peter turns, "It's not mine to take."

His gaze locks and a prince and princess, who stalk forward together. Peter hands Caspian the sword, Aubrianna locking eyes with the king.

Caspian slowly raises the sword, Miraz glaring st the two before him. "Perhaps I was wrong. It seems you have the makings of a good Telmarine King and Queen after all." He bows his head, waiting for Caspian to make the fatal blow.

He raises the sword, screaming, ready to make the final blow and end the man's life that caused him grief. He brings the sword down, the stone ground scraping the sword as Caspian beds it in the ground.

"Not like you." He turns, letting his sister step forward, Miraz looking up. Caspian walks back toward the Narnian's, who cheer, but they quickly cease as Aubrianna steps toward her uncle.
"Keep your life, but we are giving the Narnian's back their kingdom." She turns, her dress waving as wind blows, and the little armor she has on clanking. The Narnians cheer, and she makes her way back to them.

However, the victory is quickly cut short as Sopespian yells out, "Treachery, they shot him! They murdered our king! To arms!"

Happy Mother's Day guys!! Check out my new cover courtesy of dixonbitch , go check out her books✌🏽✌🏽