13 • Learn

It's night time, and awaiting narnian's are stood outside the telmarine castle. Peter, Edmund, and Susan had gone to battle, while Lucy stayed at the howe. The telmarine siblings had come along as well.

They were all carried by griffins, while their awaiting troops sat hidden, amongst shrubbery.

     Edmund lands on top of a tall tower, stepping down onto the stone while his griffin snatches an unsuspecting soldier. As the other four make their way to land, they each silently kill a telmarine soldier. Caspian and Aubrey flew low, Susan shot an arrow at one who has seen Edmund, and Peter made the last as they landed.

They four make their way down a wall, and into Cornelius' study. Caspian hissed out the professors name, and receives silence.  The prince spies the professors glasses, and knows something is wrong. "I have to find him."

     Peter shakes his head, disagreeing with the prince. "You don't have time. You have to get to the gatehouse." Aubrey goes to speak, getting cut off by her brother. "You wouldn't be here without him. And neither would we." The king and queen shared glances, silently agreeing.

Susan, still looking to Peter speaks. "We can take care of Miraz." Aubrianna steps forward this time. "And I can make my way to the gatehouse alone."
Peter's face screams disagreement, as does her brother's. "Go with your brother, you'll both make it in time." The telmarine siblings look at each other before running off.

>>

   The siblings make their way down to the dungeons, heading towards the only occupied cell.
Caspian kneels, awaking the professor as Aubrianna releases his chains. "Five more minutes?" Caspian jokes, but the professors tired eyes became awake and alarmed.

"What are you doing here? -I didn't help you escape just so you both could get captured again. You have to get out before Miraz learns you're here."  Aubrianna scoffs, grinning slyly at the professor. "He'll learn soon enough, we're giving him your cell."

     Cornelius has a look of desperation in his eyes. "Don't underestimate Miraz as your father did."  Aubrianna always had a sneaking suspicion of her father's 'passing', Caspian was far too young to assume otherwise. "What are you talking about?" Caspian glanced at his sullen sister in confusion, but turned back to the man on the floor. "I'm sorry."

Caspian dashes out the door, and after sharing a look with the professor he nods. "Go after him."
>>
Aubrianna knows where her bother is headed, but she makes her way to find Susan and Peter. "Peter-" she hisses out, seeing him rounding a corner at the opposite side of the hallway she entered.

     He spins around, facing the princess. "What are you-" she shakes her head as he and Susan walk towards her. "Caspian went after Miraz-" Peter looks angered, not at her of course. "Why?" She hesitates. "We have no time for explaining, we must get to him, now!"

>>
AUBRIANNA's POV

We make our way to his chambers, and I hear my aunt call out. "Put the sword down Caspian, I don't want to do this." We make our way in, Susan drawing an arrow. "We don't want you to either." Susan is the closest to the 3, Aubrianna between her and Peter.

     Prunaprismia has a crossbow pointed at the prince, while Miraz's throats is against Caspian's sword, and Susan's bow pointed at the new mother.

Anyone could die at any moment.
Caspian, ignoring the 3 newcomers, glares at Miraz. "Did you kill my father?" He steps closer to Miraz, causing the man to step back against the window.
     "We telmarines would have nothing, had we not taken it. Your father knew that as well as anyone."

A look of betrayal flashes across Prunaprismia's face, and she lowers her weapon. "How could you?"
     Moral turns to his wife, pointing in her direction.
"For the same reason you will pull that trigger. For our son." Miraz steps forward, against Caspian's blade, and the woman raises the crossbow once more to point at her nephew.
     They began walking, Caspian walking back as Miraz puts his neck against the blade, a look of alarm flashing across Aubrey's face.

     Miraz speaks to his wife, but faces the prince, still walking. "You want our child to be king? Or to be like these two here? Fatherless." Miraz takes a harsh move forward against the blade, and as Aubrianna sees the look on her aunt's face she makes a rash decision. All at once the princess lunges forward, knocking her brother out of the way. Her aunt wails "No!" As she fires, the arrow flying. Dread fills the king as he shouts "Aubrianna!"

     A searing pain shoots through her shoulder, her aunt collapsing on the bed, wailing. Susan makes her way to the wall, a secret door the Miraz had made his way through, and locked.

Both the king and prince make their way to Aubrey, who grimaces in pain, leaning upright again. "I'm fine." With clenched teeth, she pulls the arrow out, throwing it to the ground below her.
   "We need to leave, now."

Eyyyo that's part one of the Night Raid, part 2 will be in the next chapter.