01 • Flee✓

After the death of both her mother and father, Aurbianna had suspicions of foulplay on behalf of her uncle. She asked the professor about it on multiple occasions, but he simply brushed her off, dismissing the princess' thoughts.

      She knew it wouldn't be long before her and her brother were under the same threat from her uncle that her parents were. Miraz only needed to secure an heir, one he would recieve from his wife, Aubrianna's aunt- Prunaprismia. Despite the professors dismissal of the subject of her parents death and her uncle's rise to the throne- she knew, that when the time came Cornelius would assist them to flee Telmar and the threat of her uncle, and he did just that.

After waiting the long nine months, her aunt had finally delivered Miraz his security to the throne. Prunaprismia had birthed a son, and once Caspian and Aubrianna were rid of- he would be the rightful heir to the Telmarinian throne.

The princess was awoken by her professor, gently shaking her awake with a wild sense of urgency in his eyes. "Come my princess, you must hurry while I gather your brother." Aubrey quickly grabbed the packed bag that she had stowed away underneath her bed, just incase of events like this taking place. The princess knew what was happening, she wasn't that ignorant. 

    Aubrey left the professor, headed for the stables. She had thrown her long black cloak on, to conceal her figure while fleeing in the night. The princess saddled and mounts her horse, Destier, leaving Caspian enough room to mount the horse in front her.

     Moments later, her brother and the professor appear once more, rushing down the stairs toward the awaiting girl. Caspian spins, grabbing onto and sheathing his own sword, which Aubrey had laid out for him after grabbing her own.

     He mounts Destier- turning to the professor, leaving Aubrianna to wrap her arms around his built figure. "You must make for the woods." Cornelius speaks to the siblings, rushing his words as he can hear the far off yells of approaching Telmarinian soldiers.

"The woods?" Caspian briskly rushed out, for he knew the tall tales told about the words, harboring angry Narnian's- that had since 'died out.' 

     "They won't follow you there." The professor steps forward, handing Caspian an object wrapped in maroon cloth. The object felt hard in the prince's hand, gold sticking lining the cloth it was preserved in. "It has taken me many years to find it. Do not use it except at your greatest need." Caspian, still drowning with grogginess from the abrupt awakening and slight confusion, asks "Will we ever see you again?" After the death of his parents, the prince looked to Cornelius as a father figure to somewhat replace what he had lost.

His sister keeps quiet from behind him, having already known what events would entail the sibling's escape. Miraz wasn't that dumb, he had to know the siblings would receive help in their escape after the birth of his son.
     The professor hesitates before answering prince Caspian. "I hope so, my dear prince. There is so much I meant to tell you. Everything you know is about to change." A silence follows his words, letting them settle in, before the three hear the frantic shouting of the soldiers approaching nearer.

"Now go!"

     At that, the two set off, racing through the courtyard and knocking over a Telmarine soldier. They ride further on, dashing across the castle bridge and through the village. A booming noise sounds behind them-frightening the pair, and they turn to see fireworks illuminating the starry night sky.

     The loud cry of a soldier rings from behind the siblings, on the balcony of Miraz's bedroom.

"Prunaprismia has blessed the Lord Miraz with a son!"
     And intentionally sent the rightful heirs of the Telmarine throne to their death.

     The siblings race across an open field- on the back of Destier, away from the castle, with General Glozelle and his men in pursuit.

Caspian and Aubrianna enter the woods, and tree branches fly to hit the princess in the face. A river is ahead and the siblings cross with little struggle, but the soldiers seemingly disappear. The pair are knocked off the horse and as Aubrianna rolls to the ground, the prince is dragged- his boot snagging the leather rein of the horse. The Telmarinian princess races off after her younger brother, kneeling next to him after her managed to free his foot.

The tree to their right opens with a blinding light, and two dwarfish men step out, bearing weapons at the two. "They have seen us." One draws his sword and races forward, but falters after setting his sight on a horn. Caspian looked down at the object that Cornelius had previously wrapped, and opened his mouth in question 
     The sound of Telmarine soldiers approaching blazes through the air as one of the short men shouts out, "Take care of them!"

One of the men charges at the prince and princess with his sword drawn, and Caspian frantically raises the horn. "No!" He blows, causing a loud roaring sound to shoot through the- otherwise silent, night air. The siblings are only able to catch a glimpse of each other one last time before black coats their vision.