06 • Aslan ✓

The four Pevensie children- accompanied by Trumpkin, make their way through the forest. "I don't remember this way at all." Susan eerily looks around at the surrounding trees as Peter speaks up, looking at his younger sister.

"That's the problem with girls. You can't carry a map in your head."
Lucy replies first stating "That's because our heads have something in them." as Susan mumbles "I wish he'd just listen to the DLF."

"DLF?"

A curious Edmund speaks up from behind the group. "Dear Little Friend."

Trumpkin stares at the girl with a certain glint in his eyes. "Oh, that's not at all patronizing, is it?" Peter suddenly steps into a rock passage, and the group stops. "I'm not lost." Trumpkin shrugs, "No...You're just going the wrong way."

"You said you last saw Caspian and Aubrianna at the Shuddering Wood, and the quickest way there is to cross at the river rush."

"But, unless I'm mistaken, there's no crossing in these parts." 
"That explains it then. You're mistaken." Trumpkin huffs at the high King's words, but follows along with the group until they all eventually come across a gorge. Water flows at the bottom, rocks protruding from the earth below.
Susan snarkily remarks, "Over hundreds of years, water eroded the earth's soil." Peter shoots her a look of annoyance before snapping. "Oh, shut up. Is there a way down?" He looks back to their DLF , who only shrugs in response

     "Yeah, falling. Come. There's a ford at Beruna. Any of you mind swimming?" Susan, who had fallen quiet, spoke again. "Anythings better than walking."
     The group turns back, ready to head for the ford, when Lucy sees a flash of a golden mane.

"Aslan? ...It's Aslan! It's Aslan over there!"

The group turns towards the girl, and to the other side of the gorge where they are met by the same sight as before- trees and shrubs.
"Well can't you see? He's right-" Lucy, lost at their confusion, turns back to be met by the same sight as her siblings. Her once delighted face quickly vanishes and is replaced with a frown.

     "...there."
"Do you see him now?" Trumpkin looks to the girl.
"I'm not crazy. He was there. He wanted us to follow him." Peter wants to believe his youngest sibling, remembering the doubt they all held when she first spoke of Narnia, but he doesn't see anything in sight.

     "I'm sure there are any number of lions in this wood. Just like that bear." He referenced back, from hours before, when the group had encountered a bear on the beach.

     "I think I know Aslan when I see him."

Trumpkin huffs, eyes rolling in annoyance at the girl, and they look to him. "Look, I'm not about to jump off a cliff after someone who doesn't exist!"

     Edmund is quick to jump to his sister's defense, thinking back to the first night he entered Narnia with his sister. "The last time I didn't believe Lucy, I ended up looking pretty stupid." Peter looks back across the gorge once more, before turning to Lucy. "Why wouldn't I have seen him?" Peter can't help but feel hurt at the idea that Aslan showed himself to Lucy and not him, and hopes that his sister just imagined it.

"Maybe you weren't looking."

     "I'm sorry, Lu." Peter shakes his head, having no real evidence of the great lion being present, and motions to the group to continue on.
The group walks away, headed for the forest once more, but Lucy looks back across the gorge one last time- a defeated look cast upon her face.

I decided to throw this in for fun. I'm not going to do every scene from the movie, because I don't want this book to be VERY long. Hope you enjoyed!

(3/28/20) WOWEE happy corona season, also junior year tings Honestly I have nO excuse for not updating life has been crazy and ngl I discovered tumblr and kinda said peace out to Wattpad😳 anywho I have nothin to do with my life now so prepare for editing updates, and new chapters on BOTH books! I've basically already written Fille de Diana bUt can't release it all at once lmfao.