Falling For My Teacher: Chapter 9

Start from the beginning

"But Ken-"

"No buts!"

He slumps his shoulders and plops back into his seat. I am not looking forward to the end of this period.

~*~

All through class I see Jake clenching and unclenching his fist. God he's furious at this man right now. Well I don't blame him, I'm his best friend, we're like siblings. But do I really want him to bash Mr.Grayson's beautiful face into a-.

As soon as the bell rings, Jake jumps up from his seat and rushes out the door. I quickly scramble after him, trying to keep him from doing anything to irrational. He reaches Mr.Grayson's classroom and yanks the door open.

All the students were gone since the period had just ended. But the students who have him now should be coming here in a bit. He quickly rushes up to Kyle's desk and glares at him, fisting the collar of his shirt in his hand.

"Dude what the heck is your problem!?"

He says as Jake only held his collar tighter.

"No what the hell is your problem, how could you do that to Kenzie."

Mr.Grayson looks around the room till his gaze finds me.

"Listen, I really don't want to hurt you. So do me a favor and let go of my shirt."

I don't think he was bluffing when he said 'I don't want to hurt you'. He is a big guy, my best friend big also but Mr.Grayson is bigger. Instead of letting go, his grip tightens. Man if looks could kill, he would've been dead as soon as Jakes eyes landed on his.

"Jake.... "

He doesn't take his gaze of Mr.Grayson when he answers me.

"What?"

"Let go"

I say quietly. This is honestly so absurd and unnecessary.

"You really don't expect me to do that rig-"

"Jake, let go."

I repeat softly as he sighs and slowly loosens his grip on his till he fully lets go of him. He walks back over to my side and apologizes to me as Mr.Grayson smooths out the top of his shirt.

"Now, I just want to have a civilized conversation with you about my best friend here."

He points to me before mumbling the next thing.

"If it was up to me you'll be in the hospital already."

I subtly elbow him in the side, signaling him to be quiet.

"Well, I have a class to teach. How about lunch?"

Mr.Grayson suggests.

"Fine by me."

Jake hugs me before leaving out the door. Before Mr.Grayson had a chance to say anything, kids start rolling in. Saved by the bell.

~*~

I just sat there keeping my mouth shut and concentrating on my work. Well the closest to concentrating I could get. My mind was on what's going to happen after class. The bell eventually rings and everybody gathers up their things and walk out the door. In the midst of them, I see Jake appear. No, his face wasn't happy whatsoever. He looks at me and then turns to Mr.Grayson.

"Sit"

"Listen, I'm the adu-"

"Sit!"

My best friend barks at the twenty four year old man. He slowly sits down while Jake grabs my arm and brings us both to sit in the seats right in front of his desk before talking.