the column

I could feel the portal tugging me forward. The air around me was spinning. I stepped towards the beams of light shooting through the portal.

                         ******

The column was full of busy workers running back and forth to different areas some here some there. Their horns extend out of their hair no one minded each other having horns of different shape and size.

Past horns and pointed ears I saw the door to the office. I sprinted down the hall and stopped with a screech from my boots. I place my hand apon  the handle and entered the small room. To a normal person this place would seem like a broom closet but actually its purpose was much bigger. The column held every single count of a persons miserable soul, past and present lives.

   That's it! I can look up her records while I'm here. I turned to Grik (Alex's younger brother) the main office worker who to be honest, for a reapers son was pretty hot. Snap out of it brandi we have work to do. I handed my papers to Grik as he looked at me with his head slightly tipped to the side "Brandi...its not like you to be late are you ok? I was scared I wasn't gonna see your cutcutete face today" I blushed as his laughter filled the room. "Grim shut up" I started laughing with him, " now listen I need your help."

"sure anything what can I get you beautiful?"

"I wanna see my clients folder" I said batting my eyes.

Girk looked at me "You do realize if I do that all your info is also contained within the file? Are you sure you'll be able to handle it?"

I nodded as watch as he dug around in a filing cabinet and pulled out a vanilla folder. he handed it to me and before he would let go he warned me again to be careful with my decision.

                **********

I found an old run down park I use to play in as a kid. I sat under the nearby tree and began looking through the folder. at the top of the heap of papers was our present lives

BRANDI JENSEN, 18

ARELLA VISCONTIE, 18

our dates of birth, parents family and everything you could ever think of sitting here on one single sheet of paper.

   I noticed a red page sticking out of the stacks of paper and automaticly turned to it. It was TRUE!  Before me layed a piece of paper with queen annas face on it.

ANNA D.

queen of seekers

lived in Valcom

cause of death: murdered

Murder: claims war soldier 254, Brandi Jensen.

I stared in shock what!!!! no way I woulda remembered murdering someone. frantically I search for more info, there was a news article.

Claims War Hero Comes Home

   Brandi Jensen, a soldier, returned home today to receive the special honormedal after ending the war. How'd she do it? murder. She killed the evil seekers queen Anna and returned home with her head. The soldiers who travel with the hero claim they heard the soul seekers claiming vengence and yelling of their queens return. But when they heard enough they finished off the rest of the soul seekers race burning buildings and people in the process.

Flashes of light appeared before me and memories came flooding in. That night when the fires were set I was keeping guard. I heard the screams and  felt their pain strike me. I heard children. Two of them. Icouldnt let them die so I saved them. I took them somewhere safe. But the same night i was attacked by some of the surviving seekers they turned back my eternal clock and I was reborn a child. The attackers were killed as punishment. The article says we finished off the seeker race but I know different now...

its my fault their race still lives.