“There’s another exit in the infirmary,” I said.  I closed my eyes and listened for anyone there.  I could hear Kate and McKenna talking.  There was another little babbling voice, which was probably coming from Jack.

“We can’t go that way either.”

“Where’s another one?” Orion asked. 

“Through the weapons room, which if past the common area, where everyone is right now,” I said.  “I don’t know how we can get passed, though.”

“You know you can get past,” he said.  “You run so fast you can barely be seen.  Me on the other hand…”

“I can try to hold them off while you get through,” I said.

“That might work,” he said.  “Just don’t hurt or kill anyone.”

I rolled my eyes.  “I’m not going to do that,” I said.  “I’ll just distract them a little.”

“A little?” he asked. 

“Yep, and I’ve got just the thing,” I said.  “My birthday yesterday and no one’s even said it to me here.”

“Happy birthday,” he said, smiling.  “There, I said it to you here.”

“You know what I meant,” I said.  “Now, just stay against the wall and head toward the hallway that’s going to be on your left on the other side of the common area.  I’ll try and get their attention away from you and then I’ll catch up with you at the weapons room, okay?”

“Okay,” he said. 

“But if I don’t get there, go into the shooting range and there’s a set of stairs at the end of it.  Grab a messenger from the storage area and message Kade or Roth to come here and get me,” I said.

“Okay,” he said again. 

“You ready?” I asked. 

When he nodded, I stepped out and into the common area. 

No one was even looking in my direction.  Maxi, who was sitting behind Rowan on the floor, sat up and growled at me.  No one even paid attention to him…not until Peyton’s eyes locked with me and she stood up.  When everyone at her table turned to look at what she looking at, I ran toward them, jumped and twisted through the air, landing on the table.

“You know, no one’s told me ‘happy birthday’, even though it technically was yesterday,” I said as I looked down at them, my arms crossed on my chest.  “No even my own sister or grandma.”

It was a second before they all realized that I was out of my cell and standing on the table above them.  But when they did, I saw Xander and Nash reach for me at the same time.  I jumped off the table and onto another, one where Kassia, Neola, and Bailey were…

Hold on.

“You!” I said, my fury flaring as I looked down at Bailey. 

“Rayney!” she yelled. 

But that’s when the others were coming up behind me with their guns in hand.  Someone took at shot at me as I somersaulted through the air and landed on my feet.  I started running back toward Bailey was hidden behind Adem.  I didn’t care that they were trying to get me.  All I wanted to do was get Bailey.

“I can’t believe you!” I yelled.  “I trusted you!”

“Rayney, let me explain myself,” she said, trying to step around Adem.  He blocked her, though.  He looked at me then.

“Don’t touch her,” he said. 

“We’ve got the other one!” someone yelled from the direction of the hallway going to the weapons room.  I didn’t pay any attention to what was happening with Orion, though.