Chapter 21

Chapter 21

It was too surreal as I sat in my room while Bailey looked through my closet for something to wear to go see Kade’s father at Headquarters.  I didn’t know why, but Kade wanted to be officially married to me right now, on this day.  He was beaming as we walked up the stairs back up to our rooms.  Arianna said that she would contact Slayter and tell him we were coming. 

“I’m sorry,” Bailey said as she walked out of my closet.  “But since it is your wedding day, you’ve got to wear white.”

She laid out a white dress on my bed, which had been neatly made when I’d gotten back upstairs.  It was simple lace, sleeveless dress.  It looked like it would flow out from my waist and come to the top of my knees.  She walked back into my closet and came back out with a pair of heels that looked similar to the ones that I’d worn when we’d had dinner the first night here, only they were white. 

“I don’t know,” I said as I walked over beside her where she was looking down at the dress.

“You’re not going to complain,” she said.  “Now, come on.  Kade’s probably already finished getting ready.”

“Yeah, and he’s probably not dressed up either,” I said. 

“You never know,” she said.  She picked up the dress and waited for me to get out of my clothes before she helped me into it. 

Again, just like every other dress I’d been in, it cut low on my chest, but I didn’t mind this time.  The fabric felt soft and comfortable against my skin, like I was wearing my pajamas.  The heels weren’t that bad either, but that was probably because I was used to wearing them now since I’d had to wear them quite a lot.

“I’m not doing anything with your hair because it’s always perfect,” Bailey said.  “You do need one more thing, though.”

She walked over to the table beside my bed where Kade had placed my necklace the night before.  I turned around and she fastened it around my neck.  She pulled me toward the mirror to look at myself then.  The dress looked incredible against my suntanned skin, the blue sapphire of my necklace tying it all together.  The diamonds of my ring caught the sunlight coming through my window and sparkled. 

“I think you look good in anything you put on,” Bailey said.  “But this is probably the prettiest you’ve ever been.”

“I guess,” I said, turning this way and that to look at myself.

“It’s true,” she said.

There was a knock on the door and Arianna peeked inside.  When she saw me in front of the mirror in my dress, she smiled and came in, shutting the door behind her. 

“You look amazing, Rayney,” she said, coming to give me a hug.  “You don’t know how happy this makes me.”

“It looks like you got what you wanted,” I said, smiling.  “Kade and I are together.”

“And in a whole different way in just a little while,” she said.  “I swore to myself I wouldn’t do this.”  She wiped under her eyes to make her tears disappear.  “Well, Kade’s waiting downstairs.”

She took my hand and led me out into the hallway, Bailey following behind us.  When we got to the stairs leading to the foyer, the entire staff was standing at the bottom watching as we came down the stairs.  They were all smiling at us before we even reached the bottom. 

The front door opened then and Kade walked in.  He smiled as he walked toward me.  He was wearing khaki pants and a blue shirt, the same color as my necklace.  It made the blue in his eyes stand out more.  The two top buttons on his shirt were open so he didn’t look so formal.  He took my hand and leaned down to kiss me. 

The Descendants Series Vol. 2On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara