Chapter 18

Chapter 18

I didn’t dream about anything that night.  And when I woke up, I wasn’t upset like I had been after Kade had left.  Instead I was angry. 

Right when I got out of my bed, there was a knock on my door and Bailey walked in.  She looked cheery.  But when she saw my expression, her eyes widened.

“Well, that’s a complete one-eighty from how you were feeling last night,” she said.

“I’m not upset anymore,” I said.  “I’m pissed.”

“Well, that’s better than upset,” she said, laughing, trying to lighten the mood.

My mood wasn’t changing, though.  “Much better,” I said.  “Now aren’t we supposed to be getting ready for me to leave?”

“Yes, we are,” she said, and walked in the closet.  I followed her inside. 

She went over to the wall with the doors and opened a set up right in the middle.  At first, all I saw was black as she pulled things out of the closet.  She walked out and placed them on my bed. 

“I’m betting this has to do something with Kade,” she said, turning toward me. 

“Let’s just say he’d better not get in my way on this assignment,” I said.  I pulled off my pajamas as she held up a black tank top for me.  When I pulled it on, I noticed how low cut it was, something I could use something to my advantage.

 “I’m guess this happened after I left last night,” she said.

“I had a little trouble getting my dress off,” I said.

“Oh,” she said, understanding.  She handed me the black pants.  “So that’s why he was pacing around his room last night.”

“You were in his room?” I asked, eyeing her.

“No, not in that way,” she said, her eyes widening at what I was saying.  “I just…”

“Ugh, never mind,” I said. 

“I’m sorry that I said anything,” she said, and handed me a leather jacket.  “I didn’t mean anything by it.”

“No, I really don’t care,” I said.  “Not anymore.”

I pulled on the jacket and zipped it up halfway.  I turned around and caught my reflection in the mirror.

“Why am I in all leather?” I asked, mainly focused on the black leather pants.  I didn’t realize what they were made of as I put them on, but now I saw.  They were practically like a second skin.

“I don’t know,” she said.  “But I do have to say I like the boots that they brought for you.”

“You haven’t given me any yet,” I said, turning back toward her. 

“That’s what I was forgetting,” she said, and headed back into the closet.  “Oh, and the others!”

“What others?” I asked.

She came out with a pair of leather high heel boots that would probably go up to my knees and a black box. 

“Here, put these on while I get these ready,” she said, handing me the boots.

I sighed as I sat down and put on the first one.  “They’ve got to be joking,” I said, stretching my leg out and looking at the five inch heels.  “I can’t fight in these things.”

“Sure you can,” she said.  “You can fight in anything.”

“Oh, yes, falling on people will put them in their place,” I said, standing up after I put the other one on.