She was always better, and he knew it too.

Except arguing with her always seemed like small bliss when he was on his missions, and he knew that there was something in their arguments that set both of their hearts on fire.

No, he couldn't think of her either.

He couldn't think of anything painful or sickening to him if he wanted to get this job done.

Johnathan reached up and stroked his cheek, feeling the small tear that had leaked from his eye secretly.

He held back the rest, and gulped down his thoughts he wanted to keep hidden.

As he set back to work, he tried to forget about people, and focused on the mission at hand.

He couldn't afford to fail again.

And this time, he was sure he would succeed.

                                 ♤

Sans slammed his empty glass of ketchup on the bar table, Grillby already filling him another one and taking the other to clean.

"If I would have known Grillby..." Sans said for the tenth time, "If I only would have known..."

"Sans there was no way of knowing..." Grillby said, trying to comfort him for the eleventh time, "She wouldn't have told anyone anything, it is a good thing she's here now, and has some time to heal."

The skeleton looked around the almost empty bar room, only two other monsters inside playing cards and talking about what they had for breakfast. When Sans heard breakfast his mind tried to flick from it's toxic daze and remind him that the human girl trapped upstairs needed food, but he was too wasted to think of anything too important except what she had told him.

"Ya have no customers Grillby," Sans observed out loud, taking a shot of ketchup before wiping his mouth and looking at the man made of flames, "Too many people at Muffet's cafe?"

Just hearing the name sparked up Grillby's flames, and his eyes narrowed in anger as he filled Sans another glass of ketchup.

"She may have won them over with her fancy napkins and spider donuts, but I am still in the lead with my perfect service," He claimed as he began cleaning a glass cup.

Sans chuckled and thought about how funny it was to hear Grillby angry, even though he was naturally a chill guy, (pun intended) and without using his filter Sans said, "Aw come on Grillby you know you love her."

Even through the flames Sans could see Grillby blush, his flames turning a bit darker under his eyes, except they still flicked and his eyes seemed to growl as he protested in his formal flickering voice, "What?! In love with that menace?! Sans you have lost your sanity!"

"Maybe," Sans agreed with a shrug before grinning and taking a drink of his ketchup, "But everyone knows you two have something for each other. No use in denying it."

Grillby's flames grew bigger and bigger with each furious inhale he took, his fist clenching and his cheeks still a dark color.

Sans only drank some more ketchup and checked his watch for the time (although he could hardly read it from being so wasted) that read - 11:02am.

He was used to Grillby when he got flared up, and knew that Grillby could calm himself down before he burned down the whole mansion.

Which is why when Grillby began to have his flames swarm and his breathing grew heavier, Sans only set his glass cup down and awaited another to be placed before him.