Carry on, Carry on, Simon snow

Simon

"You can have it." I say and I try to make eye contact. "Baz. You know you can have it."

I press my hand against his jaw and push him back. But I let my magic go. I let it flow into him from every pore. Baz sobs and abruptly stops fighting.

His body slumps against mine and I roll over and gently place him on the ground beneath me. He's shaking and clutching my arms hard.

Baz

I can't move. My body is taking in Simon's magic like a dry sponge would suck up water.

I can feel the energy sizzling through me. And the temperature is rising.

Simon

"Wow..." The Humdrum says, and I frown. "That's even better than fighting."

He feels close and I look up. He's standing right over us, rock solid in the moonlight.

"When did you learn to do that?" he asks. "It's like you turned on a tap."

"Did you take his magic?" I shout and the Humdrum giggles.

"Did I take his magic?" he asks. Teasingly. Like it's a ridiculous question.

"No. I don't take anything. I'm just what's left when you're done." He grins eerily and I frown up at him.

When I'm done? What the fuck is that supposed to mean?

"Simon!" I hear Baz shouting beneath me. I look down. He's glowing too, now. His fangs have retracted, but he still seems to be in pain. He squirms and grip my arms so tight it hurts.

"It's too much!"

I immediately let go and take distance from him. But the magic keeps flowing. A glowing bond tying us together. I hear Baz groan with discomfort.

Shit. It is like a tap. I close my eyes and focus on shutting it down.

Through my eyelids I can see the light die down and I don't open my eyes before it's all gone. The magic is safely stored inside me again.

"Baz?" I cry through the soft darkness. "Baz?"

I hear a faint whimper somewhere to my left and crawl in the direction of the noise.

Baz is lying on his back in a puddle of wet snow, one hand loosely clutching at his chest, in which I can clearly see a warm glow shining though the skin and bones. His eyes are tightly shut and his face is contorted with pain.

"Simon..." he gasps, his other hand fumbling weakly in my direction.

"Oh my god, Baz..." I whisper, crawling over to him. "What's happening?"

It looks like a fire burning beneath his skin. Baz is tossing and gasping for air.

"I don't know." He groans. "I think–"

But what he thinks is lost as he rolls over and begin coughing and retching violently.

A string of curses escape his lips and some are laden with magic. But without his wand they have no effect.

"Baz..." I inch closer to him and touch his hand. He flinches and pulls away from me immediately.

"Damnit, Snow! Be careful!" he snarls, curling up and cradling his hand.

"What?" I ask, completely at a loss. "Baz, are you hurt?"

The magic is at the tip of my fingers at the mere thought and my mind is running through every healing spell I can think of.