Chapter Eight

It turned out watching the boys practicing was not really boring. I guess watching them dribbling ball and playing small match was fun. It was pretty exciting and I have to admit that Arthur is really good. It’s no wonder he’s the captain, though I would never say it to him directly. Someone has to keep his ego in check.

Before I could stop myself, I was staring at him. He was discussing something with his team, probably about their strategies for the upcoming match with our rival school. He have that serious and determined expression befitting of a captain on his face. Usually he’s a smirking ‘devil’ and on top of that, an annoying jerk who enjoyed tormenting my life. But right now, he’s on captain mode.

I turned my head to the side and sure enough, a bunch of cheerleaders were staring at the football team and of course, their coach. I rolled my eyes at their obvious staring and squealing. They should be practicing their cheer-leading moves instead of fangirling.

“I think they have already finish. Finally,” Adeline suddenly said, stretching her arms. The football team were starting to disperse.

“So, you guys want to hang out with us?” she asked.

I shook my head and said, “I’m just going to head home and sleep.”

“Home? You’re so boring,” a voice piped in.

I glanced at Arthur who decided to grace us with his annoying presence. Following closely behind is Adam. Adeline handed him a towel and a bottle of water.

I looked back at Arthur and he was staring at me expectantly as he raised an eyebrow.

I snorted, looking away as I realised what he meant. So being me and this is Arthur we’re talking about, I ignored him.

“Here I was hoping that my little nerd would hand me a towel and give me a water bottle too,” he feigned hurt. “The least she could do is be nice to me since a big match will be coming soon.”

I rolled my eyes at him and throw a towel to his face. “You can get the water bottle yourself.”

He just chuckled back. “Aren’t you in a bad mood today.”

“I just want to go home, dummy. It’s been a tiring day.”

“Well, you were very passionate in cheering our practice match just now. I hope you‘re going all out on our real match too,” Arthur smirked.

“What makes you think I’m going to come watch it?” I retorted back, raising an eyebrow at him.

“Oh you will.” he said, before turning to Adam. “The party is on right?”

I rolled my eyes at them. The match hasn’t even taken place and yet they are already planing the after-match party.

Suddenly Adeline nudged my side and whispered, “Nathaniel has been looking at you for a while now. I’ve been wanting to tell you but you’re busy flirting with Arthur,”

I glared at her through my glasses before saying, “I’m going to ignore the last one,”

Then I looked to the right side of the bleacher and surely as Adeline has said, Nathaniel was looking at me. He smiled and gave a little wave at me. I blushed and waved back at him.

“Let’s go home, Skye.”

I broke our eye contact and looked at Arthur. “Okay.”

After saying goodbye to Adeline and Adam, and I may have sneak a quick glance at Nathaniel, I turned to my left and saw Arthur already walking away.