Chapter seven

Arthur Conrad is in the house! I'm always a fan of Francisco Lachowski. So, I choose him to be my 'Arthur Conrad' in this story. By the way, imagine him with grey eyes♡

During lunchtime, Adeline was looking around the cafeteria for an empty table. I was so hungry that I could practically feel myself drooling as I stared at the foods on my tray.

"There's an empty table over there," Adeline said, looking at a table at the right corner of the cafeteria.

"Let's hurry," I said as I walked first towards the table. Adeline was tailing me from behind.
She said, laughing. "Geez Skye, slow down. The table won't go anywhere."

"Yeah, but my stomach can't hold on much longer. I'm starving, you know," I told her as I sat down and started digging in.

Adeline sighed. "You and your brother, Jay are blessed with high metabolism. You can eat whatever you want and doesn't really gain weight,"

"I guess I should thank my parents for that," I said, grinning.

Suddenly, a high-pitched voice said, "Ew, what are those?"

Well, there could only be one person with that annoying voice: our school classic bitch, Marisa O' Connor. Her clothes, her bitchy attitude, her high pitch voice and also that nasally voice she used especially to talk to all the good looking guys; she is definitely the definition of a stereotypical slut.

Anyway, Marisa scrunched her face as she pointed at the foods on my tray.

I snorted and said, pointing on her own tray, "And what are those?"

She and her friends have practically nothing on their trays. What the heck are they doing at the cafeteria if they aren't interested in eating?

"You always talk back to me. You should know that won't end well," Marisa said, frowning hard.

"Well, that's what you do in a conversation, isn't it?" I said and then gave her a look of shock. "Don't tell me that you don't know what a conversation meant?"

Adeline snorted at that. I grinned at Marisa.

She narrowed her eyes at me. "You and your words,"

"Thanks," I said back.

Marisa grumbled under her breath and strutted away with her friends tailing her like some lost puppies, not before giving me a hard glare.

"Ugh, I really despise that girl. Just one look at her and I'm already having migraine. And did you smell her perfume just now? What did she do, shower in it? God, I think I lost my sense of smell for a moment there," Adeline said, fanning herself.

I laughed and said, "That's probably how she got the guys lining up for her,"

Adeline rolled her eyes. "Those guys only wanted a piece of her and she likes it. What a slut,"

"But don't worry, I've told you before right if there's someone threatened or hurt you, I'll protect you from that person. I'll threaten and hurt them back, especially that Marisa. You can trust me on that," Adeline said, rather serious with her hand on her heart.

"Whoa! When you were speaking, you looked really cool, Adeline. I love you so much!" I said, laughing.

Adeline flipped her hair, grinning. "Of course," she said.

"Anyway, we should watch our back, especially you. Who knows what that witch is planning," she continued.

I sighed, exasperatedly and said, "I know but it's nothing I couldn't handle. I've survived till now, aren't I?"