Chapter five

“Bye everyone, I’m off to school now,” I said as I headed towards the door. When I was outside, I saw Arthur came out of his house too. Oddly, he didn’t even look at me and make fun of me. Usually the moment he saw me, he would grin and start saying this and that.

“Hey Arthur,” I called out to him. He heard me and looked at me. Wait, what am I doing? Why did I call him just now? Idiot, I told myself.

“What do you want?” he said, crossing his arms.

I pouted at him and said, “Awe, is Mr. Popular still angry about last night?”

He grinned as he said, “And I didn’t know that my little puffball care about me,”

And he’s back to his ‘normal’ self. But somehow, I felt relieved. As much as I hate him for making fun of me but I rather lived with that than having him mad at me. I don’t know why though. Odd isn’t it?

“Hello earth to Skye, aren’t you going to school?” he said, waving his hand infront of me.

I flinched. I’m still not used to him calling me by my real name. And since when did he is in front of me? He stared down at me. My heart suddenly raced at the sight of him so close. I think I’m going to be sick.

“Come on, let’s go to school together,” He smiled. This time it was a genuine smile.

“The Arthur Conrad is offering me a ride to school?” I still couldn’t believe what I just heard. He rolled his eyes at me.

“If you don’t want to, just said so, and it’s not really my idea. Our parents have decided last night that we should go to school and home together,” Arthur said, rubbing the back of his neck.

Is it just me or he looked nervous? But I shrugged away the thought.

“My parents didn’t even consult me,” I said.

“That’s because little spoil princess can’t make up her own decision,” he sneered. “Now, come on or else we’re going to be late,”

“I’m not going to ride in your car. I’ll just walk, rather than sharing a ride with you,” I said, as I crossed my arms.

“You’re such a baby,” he said.

But I just ignored him.

He grinned and that gave me the chill.

He continued, “Then, you leave me no choice,”

Before I could even think, he carried me in bridal way and walked to his car. He completely threw me inside the car. I groaned painfully and he just laughed at me. He then entered the car and started the engine.

“Wear your seatbelt, princess,” he told me.

I just snorted and ignored him. There’s no way I’m going to obey him. He sighed heavily and leaned closer. He put the seatbelt on for me.

Whoa, whoa, whoa...God, my heart is going to explode. He’s so close, too close. Then, I mentally slapped myself when I realised I was staring at his lip. He saw my probably blushing face and grinned.

“What do we have here? I never knew that you like me, princess,” he grinned.

I simply rolled my eyes as I said, “In your dream, jerk and besides, how could you conclude that I like you when I was just blushing? You’ve gone bonkers, pal.”

“Oh so you’re admitting that you’re blushing because of me?” he asked again.

I pinched him on the arm, “Just drive, idiot. We’re going to be late,”