Chapter three

As soon as I reached school, my eyes searched for one person only and that is Adeline. I’m really excited to tell her about yesterday. Unfortunately, she’s nowhere to be seen. Maybe she hasn’t arrived yet. I should have ride with her to school but Jay insisted on sending me to school. He wanted to make sure I arrived there safe and sound, geez. 

But luck wasn’t on my side this morning either.

I just bumped into the last person I wanted to see today.
“Could you move to the side? I need to pass,” I said as I adjusted my glasses so I could glare at him properly.

But Arthur wouldn’t budge. He just raised an eyebrow at me with that lazy grin of his. I just wanted to hit him but that wouldn’t do any good to me. His crazy admirers would be furious and maybe he would hit me back too. Well, maybe not hit me back. Although he may be a jerk but he won’t hit girls even if it was me.

Arthur bowed a little until he’s at the same level with me. Don’t get me wrong. I’m not that short. It was just him being too tall.

“Not unless you say sorry and admit that I’m the coolest guy and that you’ve have fallen head over heel in love with me,” he said, grinning.

This was the first time I got to see him this close after so long that I almost have forgotten how grey his eyes were. Or maybe I just didn’t pay that much attention before. I always thought that grey eyes were supposed to be mysterious, cold and not the kind of people who fools around. But this grey eyes ‘devil’ here is the opposite of that.

And right now, his grey eyes were gleaming playfully and his dark brown hair was a little ruffled. I mentally pinched myself for observing him and thinking about running my hand through his hair. I'm probably going mad.

I managed to get to my senses and replied, “In your dream, jerk. So, if you excuse me, I need to find my best friend.”

I pushed him away as hard as I can and quickly left. I let out a sigh of relief that he didn’t follow me as I continued looking for Adeline. Then, there I saw her, talking to her boyfriend, Adam.

Well, so much for telling her the news. Guess I’ll have to wait till she’s alone. I wouldn’t want to tell about my crush in front of Adam, who is also one of my crush’s best friends. He is the third popular guy, isn’t Adeline lucky?

So I decided to go to class early but before I could even get there, a group of girls pulled me into the girls’ washroom. It was Marisa and her sidekicks.

They were all around me like a predator surrounding its prey. In this situation, I’m the prey.

“How many times do I have to tell you to stay away from Arthur Conrad?” It was Marisa who spoke. “Don’t even think that just because the two of you knew each other since kids, you could act that you’re so special,”

Aside from Arthur, Marisa is my bully. But I had to admit, she is more evil than Arthur.

“Do you think by being a nerd and getting the attention from Arthur will makes him fall in love with you?” she sneered at me. “Gosh, you read too much of those fairytales. You are more stupid than you look.”

Well, that does it. Who does she think I am? Some kind of a lowlife who does not have anything better to do?

“Oh my god… no and for your information, he was bullying me. Why are you so jealous about that? Why don’t you tell him yourself to stay away from me? I was avoiding him all my life and he’s keeps coming back like a boomerang,” I was exasperated.

“Opps, I’m sorry. Arthur probably would ignore you like always, no matter how short your skirt is or how much plastic surgery you’ve done. He just wouldn’t look at you,”