33.

TWO WEEKS LATER.

Coming clean.

That was the one thing on Lance's mind for the next two weeks, every time he tried to say something about the dare, the words would just leave his brain of how he was going to break it to the boy he had come to love. Of course, Keith would look at him with concern but Lance would follow up with an 'I love you' before kissing him.

He just didn't know how.

Keith's heart will be shattered and his trust will be broken again. He knew that much.

Lance had been so out of it lately, it began to worry both his friends and family. He'd cry to Rebecca about it for hours, saying that Keith will hate him forever over snd over while she tried her best to reassure him. Eventually, Lance gave up and continued his every day life as if everything was fine but in reality, the guilt was eating him up from the inside out. Lance sighed as he sat in the back of his language class, staring at the blank sheet of paper in front of him. He didn't know how much time passed nor did he exactly care, he had a writing assignment due at the end of this week and he needed to get his shit together.

"Mr. McClain?" Mrs. Vallo was the first to call out his name, waving him over to her desk as she wrote something down. She gave him a pink slip, "Come back as soon as you can, but you're needed in the office."

"Alright," Lance mumbled, stuffing the stickey note into his pocket as he grabbed his things just in case. Keith sat there at the front waiting patiently, his bag in hand as he tapped his foot. Lance opened the door and met eyes with Keith, "Did you call me up here?"

"Yeah," Keith led him out of the school, "We should just ditch the rest of the day."

"Why?" Lance asked, pulling his backpack over his shoulder as Keith linked their fingers. His boyfriend sighed, glancing up to him before speaking, "Micheal keeps following me around, I just couldn't stand it and I want to leave."

"Ah okay," Lance smiled, but really, his blood was already boiling the minute he heard Micheal's name leave Keith's mouth. That fucking dipshit was capable of ruining everything for the two and both Lance and Keith knew it. Lance gave his hand a gentle squeeze, pulling the lanyard off his neck as they inched closer to the truck. When they got in, Keith frowned as Lance fell silent once again, completely avoiding turning on the radio, something that Keith was so used to him doing. Did Keith really want to know what was wrong? Yes, but he also didn't want to piss off Lance.

Lance began to pull out of his usual parking space, muttering something about other students that don't know how to park. He didn't mean to sound aggressive, but you could tell it was visibly scaring Keith. The boy with the mullet sighed, leaning his head against the window as they continued down the road. Lance spoke once again, "Do you wanna go somewhere in particular or?"

"Leila's. It's been awhile since the both of us have been there." Keith grinned, but Lance only nodded his head and locked his eyes back onto the road. Keith felt small, he didn't know what to say or do. He just wanted Lance to act like Lance again, not this silent monster that was full of rage and guilt. He decided to speak to Lance about it, at least in public he would be safe if anything got out of hand. Skip ahead to the diner, they were sitting across from one another in an silence as they waited for their drinks to come.

It was loud, believe me it was so loud that Keith couldn't even bring himself to focus on anything other than Lance. Elvis played over the speakers while people around them joked and laughed, Keith could've given attention to anything else at this point but no, his eyes were still locked onto the male in front of him. Keith set his menu aside, "So, have you figured out what you wanted?"