26.

"Hey dad," Keith began as he sat down outside, pulling his knees up to his chest before he sighed to himself. He decided to ditch the rest of the baseball game, his brother's team was far behind and it was almost over so he just decided to take Shiro's car home. Hopefully, the eldest sibling wouldn't be too mad at him for it. Keith brushed his fingers through his black strands of hair, "It's been awhile since I spoke to you. I'm a shitty son, I know but right now I just need to talk. You're listening, right?"

Keith looked up to the sky as if he was going to get some kind of sign but continued anyways, "I've done some pretty fucked up shit- things that I'm not proud of and I can only imagine you'd kick my ass if you found out. Like-"

Keith paused before speaking again, "My dumbass did a lot of things- I got into an abusive relationship, I've cheated and I resorted to sleeping around afterwards. I relapsed a few times and did some hardcore drugs. I got into fights. You name it," Keith laughed half-heartedly, "I even started lying to Mom and Shiro. But- you still love me, right?"

Keith sighed, "Anyways, that's not important. I met this guy awhile back, he's nothing like my past exes. You'd love him, he's the family kind of guy. He always takes care of his siblings and his mother, something I promised I'd do when you were on your deathbed. But aside from that his grades are good and he's a pro at sports, he's just really amazing. He's my boyfriend now- I'm really lucky," Keith didn't know where he was going with this, he only felt as if he was being super overdramatic but it felt nice to talk to his dad, even if he was no longer there with them. Keith wiped his nose with the sleeve of his hoodie, "He told me he loved me today- I know that I love him too but I fucked up and walked away. I bet he's angry with me right now- hell, I'm angry at myself."

Keith stood up, "But- I also feel like I don't deserve him, yanno? I hardly tell him anything- I haven't even told him about Micheal, Shiro is probably the only one who knows about that mess. I just don't know what to do, dad. I want to be happy with him but it's fucking hard when you have low self-esteem and major trust issues."

"Maybe you should just tell Lance about Micheal," Shiro's voice startled Keith, he nearly threw himself off the balcony. Shiro laughed before he shut the sliding door behind him, sitting down on the chair he had dragged out. Keith wiped his eyes, "How long were you standing there? I bet I look stupid talking to dad who isn't even here-"

"Only for about 15 seconds, and you didn't look stupid. I talk to him all the time." Shiro mumbled, handing Keith a stick of gum. Keith took it from his hand, "You do?"

"Yeah, I always tell him about my day. Sometimes, I even ask him what to do about you." Shiro shrugged, "But as I was saying- You need to consider opening up to Lance more."

"You seem unphased that we're talking about your best friend." Keith crossed his arms. Shiro rolled his eyes, "Lance told me about you guys, I had time to adjust."

"Yeah but it's weird, you're his best friend and I'm your brother. Could you at least act a little shocked and yell at me?"

"Why would I yell at you?"

"Because you always yell at me." Keith mumbled, looking down to his socks. Shiro sighed, "I yell at you because I'm looking out for you, not because I want to hurt your feelings."

"Mhm," Keith nodded, "So, what do you have to say about us? You're not very good at lying, Shiro."

"You're not either, I know you like I know my own mind."

"Whatever," The brothers fell silent, Keith avoided eye contact with Shiro while the older brother stared at the boy with concern. The wind danced through their hair before Shiro sighed, "I'm a bit upset that you guys didn't tell me, I found out that Shay, Hunk, Allura and Pidge knew before I did."