Chapter 6

*Pictured above is Hunter Thompson*

Chap 6.

"Tell us everything!" Zoey insists as I shut my locker the next morning.

"Everything about what?" I said pretending to be completely oblivious.

"Oh, don't play dumb. You know what! You tutored Grayson Scott last night and ignored both mine and Sky's texts! So, what happened?" Zoey demands as we head to our classrooms.

I laugh at her persistence before finally answering her, "Well we worked on Les Mis like he had asked and we talked and then we went to Oliver's for dinner. He showed me how to play a fun game while we waited for food and we talked some more and I drove him home."

I explained leaving out the bit about my little deal with Grayson on the baseball game and the essay.

"Aww! He paid for your food! That's so cute," Zoey gushes as we reach my classroom.

"He just wanted to pay me back for the tutoring," I said trying to hide my blush while leaning against the door frame.

"You two are totally going to end up together," she said walking off to her class.

I rolled my eyes at her before walking into my class and taking my seat next to Luke. Luke smiled up at me as I put my backpack by my feet.

"So, how was Grayson last night," he said smirking at me as the 5-minute bell went off.

"Why does everyone insist on knowing about my tutoring session with Grayson?" I groan throwing my head back.

"Oh, c'mon we're just curious. Wouldn't you be curious if Skyler or Zoey started tutoring me or if some other girl started tutoring one of your brothers?" Luke questions.

I stopped and thought about it for a minute, "Yeah, I guess I would."

"But why can't guys and girls just be friends without the assumption that one of them could end up liking the other?" I shoot back.

"I don't know, I guess that's just how we all think or something," Luke tries explaining.

"It went well by the way," I said answering his earlier question about Grayson just as Mr. Davidson came in.

I stare off into space as Mr. Davidson starts going on about catalysts and reactions.

Once I dropped Grayson off, I spent hours in my room trying to get rid of the smile on my face. I thought for hours as I tried to decipher what the events of tonight could mean. I couldn't stop smiling so that must mean I felt something for Grayson, right? No, there's no way I can develop feelings for someone this quickly. I slapped myself in the face trying to get my emotions in check.

Hunter came back from Jules's house around 10pm and I quickly rushed to his room as I heard his door open.

"Hey Ri, thought you- "he stopped mid-sentence and looked over at my face.

"Sit. Talk." He said sitting down on his bed and patting the spot next to him.

Seriously best twin brother award right here.

"So, he came over and we talked and we studied and then we went to dinner and he paid for my food. He taught me how to play this game while we waited for our food and he likes the same kind of music as me. And he asked me to come to a baseball game but I said only if he can get an 85 on the next essay. I took him home and I couldn't stop smiling the whole way there," I said all in one breath.