Chapter 4

Chap 4.

"38.67 grams," Luke said.

"Alright got it," I responded writing down the information in our table.

Luke took the mixture off the balance and then proceeded to measure the next one.

"40.31 grams," he said.

I nodded and wrote down the weight.

"So now we just need to make the graph, write down our conclusions, and then we're done," Luke said.

"Okay I'll go put this stuff away first. You can copy down all the measurements," I said taking my protective eye glasses off. I hated wearing these over my regular glasses.

Luke nodded as I slid my paper over to him and began to clean up from our experiment.

I came back to the table and found Luke already starting on the graph. We discussed our results and wrote down our concluding thoughts on the paper just as the bell rang. We packed up our bags and headed to the front of the room to hand in our lab work.

"Thanks guys, see you both tomorrow," Mr. Davidson said as Luke held the door open for me.

I smiled up at him and looked down the hallway to see Grayson texting someone on his phone while leaning against Luke's locker.

"Hey Riley," Grayson said looking up from his phone as we passed by.

"Hi," I responded with a smile.

"So, we're still on for tutoring this afternoon, right?" He asked as Luke opened his locker.

"Yeah, I'm still free if you are," I respond.

"Good. I'll meet you by your locker then after school?" He suggested.

I nodded just as the 5-minute warning bell rang.

"Well we've gotta get to class," Luke said closing his locker.

"Yeah I should get going too. See you guys," I responded as Luke started pulling Grayson with him.

"Bye Riley," Grayson said with a smile as I started to head towards my next class.

-----

I walked into the cafeteria and made a bee line for the tater tots and cheeseburgers. I typed in my ID number at the register swiped my student card. I went and snagged a spot at our table and pulled my phone out while waiting for Zoey and Skyler.

Jackson: I'll be home this weekend.

Me: Yaya! Can't wait to see you :)

Jackson: Twins been driving you crazy yet?

Me: Eh nothing I can't handle.

"What are you all smiley about? Texting your boyfriend?" I heard. I looked up from my phone and saw Zoey and Skyler had both joined me at the table.

"I told you, he isn't my boyfriend. I wouldn't even consider him a friend yet," I said rolling my eyes. "By the way it was Jackson."

"Oh, did he say when he was coming home?" Skyler asked before taking a bite of her salad.

"Yup, he'll be home this weekend," I responded with a smile on my face.

"So, does that mean girls night on Saturday?" Zoey questioned.

"That sounds good to me," I said nodding my head and munching on some of my tater tots.

"I'll bring the snacks," Zoey stated taking a bite of her pizza.