The Arena

"Today you will start training." Mother Nature told me.

"With who? I thought no one knows anything about my powers." 

"I do. Cora will help train you physically, and I will help you control your powers with the knowledge in this book." She said pointing to the book she just showed me. I didn't know what else to say so we sat in silence until she told me that I could go back to the rooms. 

I walked back towards the room and went through some of my things that I had brought from home. At the bottom of the bag was my sketch book, I realized that I hadn't drawn anything while I've been here. I looked around the room looking for inspiration and noticed the balcony next to Cora's side of the room, I walked over to it and glass dissipated as I walked through. The balcony was the size of the room and was like a personal garden. Vines and brushes were scattered around, with many seats and a view looking over the night side of the city. 

I sat on the seat next to the balcony, I pulled out my sketch pad and colored pencils and started sketching. I started with the tops of the night city, taking my time to get the aurora designs just right. I then moved towards the other side of the city, drawing the variety of buildings and the hundreds of people in the streets. 

I heard knocking on the door and turned in my seat. Cora was waiting next to the side of the door holding some clothing.

"I didn't want to intrude," she told me.

"I didn't think that I would see you here," I responded.

"Mother Nature told me that I had to get out of that room and told me that I was going to start training you."

"Now?"

"I won't, but Mother Nature said you will practice your powers, I just came in with the clothes she gave me." 

"Are they for me?" I asked.

"Yeah, their for you. She said that it will protect you from any possible mishaps that could happen."

"Mishaps?" 

"Well you need to have enough control over your powers to show to the council, especially if you are to get your familiar."

"What do you mean familiars?" 

"Im sure Mother Nature will explain, but you should hurry up and change. She's waiting." 

~~~~~~

I changed into the training outfit that Cora gave me, it was made of a strange materiel, it was strong yet flexible and light. Cora gave me vague instructions on how to get to the training area, but I still think I'm lost.

'Two hallways down, to the left, then around the corner and it should be right here!' I thought to myself. The instructions Cora gave me were so simple, of course I would somehow manage to get lost in this massive stupid castle. 

Lost in my thoughts I tried to follow my steps back down the hall. I hit my head on something in front of me. 

"Stupid wall," I grumbled angrily. 

"Im pretty sure Im not a wall," I heard a voice say. I notice a pair of feet in front of me. I followed the feet until I met a pair of green eyes. 

"Shoot!" I yelled out tripping on my feet and fell on my back.

"Oh Im so sorry, are you ok? I didn't mean to startle you," he said holding his hand up to help me up. I felt my cheeks heat up tremendously, I grabbed his hand and let him help me up. 

"Sorry for calling you a wall," I mumbled embarrassed, "I'm Carter." 

"Im Chase," he introduced himself. We both stood in an awkward silence for a while, before I remembered why I bumped into him in the first place.

"Oh! Im looking for the training arena? I got lost and I was supposed to be there almost ten minutes ago." 

"Your going to training too? You don't look like the warrior type." 

"Im not! Im supposed to train my powers? Im not really sure," I confessed. 

"Well Im going to warrior training anyways, so I can show you." We walked down the hallway next to us, and it was a big open gate that lead into a big glass dome training arena. 

"How did I miss this!?" I asked out loud. 

"Well it isn't very noticeable," Chase laughed. I scoffed. We walked in and I saw different people fighting. Some had wings and arrows, others shot flames from their hands and wielded swords. I saw Cora, Jax, Rai, Talena, and Clem all fighting each other in the center. Water, flames, and lightning clashed at the middle. Claws met claws and Rai used her strength against Cora's wolf.  

Cora caught a glimpse of me during the fight and left Rai and came sprinting at me full speed. When she was about five feet in front of us she jumped in the air, transformed back into a human and landed in a front flip, in front of me. 

"What took you so long? I was about to come look for you!" She said sternly. 

"Sorry I got lost," I admitted, "but Chase helped me find it." She turned her attention towards Chase, who stood stiffly next to me. 

"Yeah sure. Mother Nature has been waiting for you. Your never going to train your powers if you are always late!" 

"Cora stop being a mom and get back over here!" Talena yelled over the fighting and began walking over to us. 

"Ok, Chase is it?" Talena asked, he nodded, "well what unit are you in?" 

"Im in unit seven," he answered. 

"Well, Im training your unit in five so go warm up with them in the corner." He nodded and began to walk over to the corner where other people were running and doing warm ups. 

"Ok, well now that he's gone, come on you need to start training if you want to be approved by the council tomorrow." I followed her up the stairs from the side of the arena, leading to the overlook where Mother Nature was waiting.