The Ball

Authors Note;

Above is Talena, the user of water. Pay attention to how she acts with Cora, you could never guess what kind of plot twist goes on in my mind

-Nyx

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"No, I don't think that came up." Jen said.

"Is that why your tail was see through?" I asked quietly, but she heard.

"Yes."

"Im surprised none of you realized it." Talena said.

"I didn't think she was a shapeshifter! I thought that there were no more left, just like the Night Stars." 

"No more left? What happened" I asked.

"We used to have our own city, it was mainly made of of shapeshifter's, but we had a wide variety of powers there. One day we were attacked, a black smoke came into the city, the ones that fought were killed, the ones that didn't, disappeared with the smoke. I was one of the few that weren't managed to escape, since we don't know where the others are, Im one of the last five remaining shapeshifter's." We were all silent,she put she chin on her bulldog, who was sleeping in her arms. 

After a few more moments, Cora told Talena to teleport into the palace, the same bubbly feeling filled my lungs. When I could focus, several people walked out of the palace, one for each of us. 

"My name is Ali. Im going to help with your dress fitting." She introduced herself. She lead me into a large room, they already had my dress made, they just needed some measurements. 

Ali helped me into my dress, and sewed it so it fit perfectly. It was a large black ball gown  with scattered gems that sparkled like stars when I moved. She helped me with my makeup and put half of my hair in a bun, the rest she curled into small ringlets. 

"I look. Beautiful, thank you so much Ali!" She laughed lightly as I turned around to give the old women a hug. 

"Thats my job, your friends are waiting for you outside of the ballroom, just walk down the fall and take a left." I thanked her again and walked down the hall and turned the corner. 

Cora looked frustrated, her cheeks bright red, I couldn't tell weather or not it was from anger or embarrassment, probably both. Talena had a smirk on her face while she talked to Cora. 

Coa wore a black ballgown, but the it fades into a blue and purple at the ends. Her hair was curled and she wore some light makeup. Jax was sitting next to her, growling at Jen and Rai. I didn't understand why until I walked closer, and I cracked a smile too. He was wearing a tux, he looked just as happy about the arrangement as Cora was. 

Talena was in a blue mermaid dress that got darker towards the bottom. She had a matching necklace and bracelet made of seashells. Her hair was in an elegant pony tail.

Jen had a sleeveless black leather dress that looked like it was lit on fire. Her hair was the same, but she had a dragon bracelet.

Clem was in a stormy grey ball gown that looked to lighten and shift colors regularly. Her short hair was curled much like Cora's. She looked irritated to be wearing a dress, but not as angry as Cora. 

Rai's dress was a sleeveless gown that turned from a dark yellow to rich honey yellow past the waist. Butterflies lined the dress from the shoulder down to the foot of her dress. Half of her hair was down and the other half was pinned behind my ear. 

"They greeted me when I walked up, but promptly went back to what they were doing. I didn't know what we were waiting for, but I didn't want to be the one to point that out. After a few minutes some older men walked up to us. 

"We are here to escort you ladies to the ball." One explained.

"Who gave you permission to do that?" Cora replied, still angry from the dress. 

"I like this one, I like 'em feisty." The one from before said huskily, walking over to Cora. She gave him a disgusted look and Jax started to bark at him.

"What is that thing?" He asked with disgust, looking at Jax. We gasped, he did he really do that. 

"Oh no, big mistake dude." 

"Tell me he didn't just do that."

"Oh he definitely did it." Cora's face was beet red, her eyes were dilated and her hands were balled into fists at her sides.  The guy, realizing his mistake, took a step back in fear. Talena leaned over to her.

"Dont do it." She whispered, but it was obvious she didn't listen, or care. 

"Oh great, Clem cover her ears," Talena said pointing at me, "she's about to explode." I felt Clem walk behind me and cover my ears, but I could still hear Cora's muffled voice just enough to make out what she was saying. 

"Im sorry, just what did you just call my dog?" Cora asked him, trying to stay calm. He looked frightened, but continued talking.

"Oh, thats your dog? Oh don't worry honey, well get you a knew one when tonight goes well." Cora was seconds away from blowing her top, and we all knew it. The men that came with him looked in between the two of them, worried. 

"Im sorry, but I think that you should lose your tongue. My dog happens to be extremely sweet, kind, and he isn't talking his mouth off about matters he doesn't understand." None of them said anything.

"And another thing, next time you kept talk without thinking, make sure that the person your talking to can't punch." She then pulled back her fist and punched him on the side, causing him to fall to the ground. The other men backed away slowly, the man didn't get up, but he was breathing, Clem uncovered my ears, Cora still looked mad, but not mad enough to punch someone. 

We walked down to the ballroom alone, we found an empty table and sat down. All the men stayed as far away from Cora as possible. Cora kept Jax in her lap, feeding some of her food to him off of her plate. Jen, Rai and Clem were talking about the music. I watched as couples danced together. 

Everything's was too peaceful. Until the band suddenly stopped, and the sound of glass glass breaking replaced it. A black smoke covered the floor, a few people screamed and tried to avoid touching the smoke, but it was impossible. Cora started shaking and hyperventilating, Talena tried to calm her down, but she continued. 

The smoke formed on top itself, before hardening, leaving a women dressed in black in it's place. Monsters formed out of the smoke around her, the monsters around her were the same as the ones that my parents fought against in my vision. 

'I am Morgana, the rightful heir to the throne. You will all know my wrath as my creatures slowly plague these cities and all you know and love." She pointed a bony finger at our table, and ultimately. Me.

"And no one will get in my way."  She screamed the last part and the lights shut off. Screams could be heard everywhere, Rai rushed over to the lights and flipped the switches. 

When my eyes adjusted to the bright light and I screamed in horror and fear. The monsters were fighting against the palace guards. People littered the ground, their blood spilling onto the white marble floor. Some started at the ceiling with unseeing eyes, others withering in pain clutching their injuries. 

"Stay here." Talena told me sternly and the rest of them rushed forward. Cora and Jax shifted in to wolves mid jump. Cora fur was black, whereas Jax's was brindle, they were twice the size of a normal wolves. They bit into the monsters, hearing a satisfying crack before dropping the bodies and attacking another. 

Rai used the strength of a dragon to snap the bones of the monsters. Clem and Jen combined their powers to create small balls of burning white light, Jen's fire mixed with Clem's lightning I assume. Talena went from person to person trying to heal the more life threatening wounds.