TCD:23

After the whole scene last night, Jax and Jenna dropped me home. I came home to see my drunk father. He only drank when he misses mom.

I walked downstairs, grabbing two aspirins and a glass of water giving it to my father. "Thanks." I nodded my head. "Em-" he was interrupted by the doorbell.

I walked away, trotted downstairs.

"What do you want, this early in the morning?"

He was about to speak when my father did. "Emma, who was at the-" he stopped in his tracks and looked at the boy I was standing in front of. "Jaxon." A smile formed on his face. "Uncle Adam, how you doing?" Both of them talked about everything they could've thought about while I went to the kitchen making some eggs and bacon.

After a while of talking, they parted ways and my dad went upstairs.

"So why are you here again?" I asked taking a bite of the bacon. "Well, we were going to go to the gym."

"Wait- we? As in the two of us?" I asked in disbelief. No way was l going to the gym this early on a Sunday morning. 

"Isn't that what we is?" Jaxon rolled his eyes and leaned against the now closed door. "I'm not dumb."

"Never said you were," Jax chuckled. "So are we still going?" l really didn't want to go, but there was this tiny twinge of hope in me that he would say yes. I really wanted to leave the house.

"No," My face fell slightly. "Why?"

"Cause I'm taking you shopping," he cheered, attempting to imitate an excited girl.

"Are you for real?" It had to be a trick. No way was Jax this nice.

"Nope. You need to get out more, sheesh. Now scurry away and get dress. 10 minutes top. I'm quite impatient." Jax sent me a knowingly look before plopping back on the couch.

--

"Come on princess. Still surprised?" Jax nudged me as we walked through the entrance of the mall. "Why would you do this?" I questioned him in disbelief.

"Because you need it and this is the last day of civilized Jax." He flashed me a dazzling smile and tugged on my hand towards the food court. A small jolt of happiness was sent throughout my body, but l chose to ignore it. "I'm hungry."

"Okay," I paused as l looked to my right to see Taylor, Maggie, Tammie, and Kode who were surprisingly, yet not surprisingly linking arms. What an awful coincidence.

Jax was too busy drooling over all the food choices to notice I would be too if they hadn't caught my attention. "You get the food, I'll be back," I mumbled to him giving Jax a push. A small smile was plastered on his face as he sped off into one direction without looking at me. No need to tell him twice.

I blew out a sigh before walking, more like speed walking my way towards them. I stopped abruptly in front of them with a stern look. They all jumped apart, looking startled.

"I just want to get this over with and walk away from you four." I started. "First of all, I don't care anymore if you're mad at me or not my friends. If you guys truly were, you two would have listened to my side of the story."

"I'm not going to explain myself to you guys again, so if you don't want to listen to me then fine. Second of all, you four are not my only friends, so stop acting like I would be lost without you guys because I will never be." I released a breath I was holding in.

"Any replies before I kick you out of my life?" The four of them stood frigid and silent. I'm guessing They were taking in the information that l spat out at them. It was like they were slowly processing it and deciding who they should trust and what's wrong and what's right. My eyes flickered between the two of them watching their every move.

"Anything?" Nothing. No reply. It was like I was talking to a brick wall. "Alright then. Bye for good." I waved my hand aimlessly and sauntered away, feeling amazing. I felt like a bitch, but then again l shouldn't let those who take me for granted stay in my life.