XXXII- School Sweet School

Start from the beginning

He wasn't meant to see that, he wasn't supposed to know. I almost expect him to stop me after class but he doesn't. However when I get to my next class my phone vibrates.

Shawn: Stop by after school.

I don't respond. I have no idea if I should actually show up. At this point I don't even know if Dean will be okay with it.

After math concepts I make my way to my third period. Dean doesn't usually walk me because his class is on the other side of the school. "Hey Livia." Hunter says as he walks up to me.

"Hey Hunter what's up?" I ask. The last time we talked was at his party, we don't normally have much to talk about.

Hunter looks a little uncomfortable, "I was hoping I could ask you something."

"Shoot." I reply, stopping just short of my class.

"Well I heard that you stopped being Mr. Morgan's TA." He rubs the back of his neck awkwardly. "I was going to see if I could be Mr. Morgan's new TA. I know you were his and if you still-" I put my hand up to stop him.

"Hunter it's okay. He'd be stupid not to make you his TA." When I worked on that project with Hunter I realized how smart he is. As much as I like being Mr. Morgan's TA this is probably for the best.

Hunter sighs in relief, "Really?" He asks with a half smile.

I nod, "In fact, I'm headed there after school so I'll see you there?" I know he wants to talk to me about the bruise he saw but it can't happen if Hunter is with me.

The bell is about to ring so I part ways with Hunter and go to my next class. I find it a little easier to concentrate on school since It's the one thing Dean doesn't control now.

I feel trapped, like I've completely lost Dean to this hatred inside of him. Maybe he's always been that way and I've never noticed. Regardless I don't know how to get out at this point.

At lunch we all sit at the same table and chat among ourselves. "I was thinking about staying after school today." I mention to Dean.

"Why? I thought you stopped being Mr. Morgan's TA?" I never officially stopped but I haven't exactly been in a while. Mainly we've been avoiding each other ever since I stayed the night when he was drunk.

I shrug, "I guess he wants to pick back up. Or maybe he just wants to tell me he's getting a new TA." If he accepts Hunter then it'll be the last time I'll really need to stay after.

Dean thinks about it for a moment and his hesitance makes me think he's going to have a problem with it. "Fine." He agrees, surprising me.

After school I walk into the classroom and leave the door open behind me. "Hey." I say.

Hunter is standing in front of Mr. Morgan's desk, "Hey, Livia." Hunter greets me with a smile. "I was just asking Mr. Morgan about being his new TA." He turns to our teacher with a gleam in his eyes.

Mr. Morgan looks at me with hesitance, "Livia is still my TA, I-"

I step in, "I think it's a great idea." They both turn their attention to me, "I mean, I haven't exactly been able to since before Thanksgiving break." I know Hunter will be reliable especially since I have a lot going on at the moment.

I know he wants to tell Hunter no, I can see it on his face and how resistant he is to say yes. Regardless of what he wants he has to know it would look bad turning down another student for this kind of opportunity. I don't expect what he says next, "I have room for the both of you."

"What?" I question.

Mr. Morgan shrugs, "Yeah I mean, you're not here everyday so I can split up the week for the both of you to come in on certain days." He stands up and grabs a piece of paper from his drawer and hands it to Hunter. It's the same form I had to fill out in order to become his TA. "Provided that you two are okay with it, fill this out and bring it back tomorrow."