Chapter 7-Your P.O.V

Time was immeasurable as you fell.

By the time you could see the ground, it could have been ten minutes. It could have been an hour. The ground came ever closer.

This was it. This was the end.

Maybe five seconds were left of your life.

You closed your eyes and waited for it to end.

Instead of a crushing sensation followed by blackness, you felt soft earth pull on you, enveloping you. You couldn't breathe. You couldn't scream. The earth sucked you in and then dropped you into an earthen room.

It was a tiny, circular cavern. Lines on the walls resembled bars on a cage. An eerie red light came from fungi on the ceiling. On on side of the room sat a bucket. On the other were a cup of warm water and a bowl of cold, tasteless soup.

Gaea was keeping you prisoner.

"Gaea!" You yelled. "Let me out of here!" A face appeared in the wall.

Fiesty. The goddess murmured, her crazed grin turning up at the corners of her mouth.

"Why are you keeping me here?" You demanded.

You're my bait, child.

"Bait for what?"

You know who. The one on your quest who will do anything to get you back. Gaea disappeared, leaving you alone, scared, and confused.

Part of the wall melted away into the shape of a doorway. You approached it, drawing your dagger. As soon as you stepped past it, it solidified again. Down the hallway you were now in, you could hear cheering.

Oh, no. You groaned in your head. The earth wall pushed you forward until it left you at the bottom of a set of stairs.

Hesitantly, you began to climb them.

You blinked as the light hit your eyes. Once you reached the top, a gate closed behind you. Looking around, you found yourself in an arena. In the center lay Gaea's face.

Welcome, (y/n). My followers have been begging for entertainment. And I suppose any bait will do, dead, or alive.

The face disappeared. You saw a wisp travel upwards. In the stands formed a woman with green skin, green hair, and a sleeveless dress made of grass.

This woman was all that remained of the goddess.

An Earthborn rose out of the ground, each of its six arms holding rocks.

"FIGHT, FIGHT, FIGHT, FIGHT, FIGHT!" Bellowed the monster crowd. The Earthborn roared something awful and threw a rock at you.

Surprised, you dodged by hitting the deck, but just barely.

You picked yourself up off the dusty floor and charged the Earthborn, dodging as it's six arms pummeled you with rocks. One hit your left elbow and your whole arm went numb and left a nasty gash. Another hit your leg with a dull thunk. One might have taken your head straight off if you hadn't ducked in time.

You leaped to stab the Earthborn and were hit harshly in the stomach by a stone.

As you flew across the arena, you made an effort to keep your breakfast down. You hit the ground with a jarring thud and rocks scraped your skin.

Through your tilting and dizzy vision, you saw the six-armed ogre coming your way, an enormous death rock in one of his hands. You let him approach, and as he raised his rock to kill you, you rolled out of the way and stabbed him in the stomach.

The Earthborn collapsed into a pile of mush.

The gate that had blocked your escape opened and you ran through it, a wall of earth behind you. Gaea was giving you a choice: be my pet in your little prison, or die within sight of food and water.

Reluctantly, you ran back into your earthen cage and the wall solidified behind you.