Chapter 1-Your P.O.V

You stood on deck as the Argo III lowered into the ocean. You loved the ocean.

As a daughter of Poseidon, you didn't really do heights. Or planes. Or flying. Or falling. Or anything Zeus-y. The ocean was your home turf. As the boat hit the water, you climbed over the railing, sticking your boots into the sturdy wood and clinging to the rails. When the boat would hit waves, a salty spray would touch your skin. You smiled and laughed as you cut through the water.

"Hey, Bubbles!" Called a familiar voice. You heaved yourself back on deck and rolled your eyes.

"Yes, Leo?" You asked.

"Why do you do that?" Leo asked, leaning against the railing. "Hang off the side of the boat?"

"I trust the water. It's exhilarating to just coast along." You told him, joining him at the edge of the boat. You grinned. "Wanna try it?" Leo paled.

"Oh, nope, nope, nope, nope, nope! No daughter of Poseidon is gonna convince me to hang off the edge of this boat!" He insisted.

"C'mon, it'll be fun!" You told him.

"Nope."

"Please?"

"Nope."

"Please?"

"Nope."

"Leo Valdez, I swear on the River Styx I won't let you fall. Just trust me."

"Fine," Leo said. "I'll trust you, (y/n)." You smiled.

"Great, Valdez. Now just hop over the side like this..." You helped Leo over the side of the rail.

"Alright." You said eventually. "Now just let go with your right hand and face the wind." Leo clung to the rails.

"Are you serious?!" Leo screeched. "You, my friend, are insane!"

"You're one to talk, Repair Boy. Just do it!" You encouraged. You held his left hand to the railings and Leo tentatively reached out.

He hung for a moment, then whooped.

"I finally see why you do this!" He shouted. "THIS IS AMAZING!" You laughed and helped Leo pull himself back up. He stumbled and grabbed your forearms with both hands, his forehead almost touching yours. You forced the blush in your cheeks down.

"You have a pretty amazing laugh, (y/n)." He whispered. You could feel his breath on your lips. His hands were warm, the tips of his ears literally sparking. Your heart hammered against your chest.

Then he caught fire.

"Ow!" You cried, pulling away, two new burns on your arms from Leo's hands.

"Oh-oh my gods! (Y/n)!" Leo exclaimed, all flame now extinguished. He took a step forward, then back again, hesitating to touch you. "I'm so sorry!" Leo looked at his hands in shame, tears brimming in his eyes.

"It's okay, Leo, it was an accident-" You started, walking towards him, ignoring the stinging pain in your arms.

"No!" Leo yelled. "Don't touch me! I-I don't want to hurt you again!" The boy exclaimed, his voice cracking. "I'm so sorry, (y/n)!" Leo ran down to the lower deck.

"Leo, wait!" You called. As the boy disappeared, your older brother, Percy, came through the door.

"(Y/n), what in Hades just happened?!" He yelped.

"Leo burned me-"

"That son of a-!" Percy began, turning around again. You ran to block his way, wincing.

"No, Percy! It was an accident!" You insisted. Percy saw the burns on your arms.

"Oh gods, (y/n), what did he do to you?" Percy asked, gently taking your arms.

"It's nothing, I'm-" Percy touched the burned skin and you inhaled sharply in pain.

"Nothing, huh?" He commented. "I'll go get you some bandages."

"Percy?" You said.

"Yeah?"

"Please don't tell anyone."

"Fine."